Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Gunpowder Treason

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

letter-d.jpg

This may be the first time I can say I was truly and genuinely bored of the episode- and not in a "I was interested, but it didn't hold it" kind of way.

I was just...bored. From start to finish. Nothing really held my interest.

I mean, there were stories...and angles. Just don't ask me about them because I couldn't bother to pay attention to them.

The problem tonight seems to be that the show went with some rather undeveloped stories. The base case was your standard "will they save the kid?" storyline with a lazy attempt at bringing in witness protection to "make things interesting". Hondo's anger at Nichelle scheduling an Ice-T inspired rapper was disproportionate with what it took for his acquiescence later (plus, Hondo, haven't you learned that your anger has already gotten you into trouble before?). Oh, and could Daddy Hicks sound any more robotic to his son when he tells him, "there is nothing you could do that would make me stop loving you"?

A new low tonight for sure.

Sometimes we're reminded that Hondo is a bit of a hothead who sees things in black and white. But it seems this time he got over himself much quicker, which shows character growth.

I also like that Chris reached out to him, and he listened to her.

I'm sorry, I liked the end where the dad who was in witness protection finally got to hug his son. 

It was good that Hicks and his son resolved their issue quickly rather than drawing it out.