Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Death of the Speed Force

Trini
  • Start Topic

I think I've finally pinpointed my fears about this current mirror storyline.  I am really concerned that the show is going to skip right over the emotional weight in a way that leaves us - me - dissatisfied.  The show is already unrealistically dealing with the whole "are they having sex" issue by just ignoring it - there is a way to slip in SOMETHING that illustrates Barry isn't getting any without sullying kid's eyes.

Also - I really need to see BARRY realize this isn't Iris and SUFFER for at least 2 episodes not knowing where she is or how to get her back.  Iris has been in that mirror for like 4-5 episodes, right?  She's been in there for basically weeks - months?  Is she going to get out and Barry not even know she was in there?  Or is she gonna get out with Barry having only like a day to miss her?

No.  That's garbage.  Unless we get a LOT of fallout from that and angst that way - where is the emotional payoff for this storyline?

After the way Wallace handled Crisis and completely killed the emotional arc of that story by giving the moments to TF and not Barry's actual wife, I just - I'm not sure he wants to give us the WestAllen moments this story deserves.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.  I'm just worried the payoff for watching poor Iris be stuck in a mirror won't be worth it.

• Love 1

Somehow I missed that there was a new Flash last week and didn't end up catching up as a result until today, but I just have to say... Wally is already a much better Flash than Barry. Can we get Keiynan Lonsdale back full time (even if it means replacing GG)?

• Love 1

Final note: My favorite episode in a long time. It had some really great dialogue and I really enjoyed KL's appearance here. I haven't always liked the Wally West character on this show, but I have liked his evolution over the seasons between this and Legends.

I also have to say, while I am heartened to see Thawne return, as much as I enjoyed TC's take on the character in S1, his subsequent portrayals have left much to be desired, and I greatly prefer him as E2 Harry, and Matt Letscher as Thawne. I kind of hope they can get ML back for the role.

• Love 2
On 3/18/2020 at 12:15 AM, Cthulhudrew said:

Somehow I missed that there was a new Flash last week and didn't end up catching up as a result until today, but I just have to say... Wally is already a much better Flash than Barry. Can we get Keiynan Lonsdale back full time (even if it means replacing GG)?

Amazing what you can do without Team Flash infantilizing you so you never have to grow.

I could never see Barry Allen's Flash as a founding member of the Justice League at this point.  Wally?  Yes.  Barry?  No.  His growth has been stunted by the Star Labs crew.

• Love 3