Type keyword(s) to search

The Conners and The Oscars

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Missing a Conners perspective on the Oscars?

The third commercial break of Sunday's ceremony will feature a live ad where The Conners characters comment on who won, who lost and/or what other buzzy moment just occurred during the host-less ceremony, showrunner Bruce Helford tells Variety. “We’ll know within a minute or so of the live promo happening what the last award or few awards were and if anything was interesting about them,” he says. “We’ll write something or the cast will chime in and say, ‘Oh I want to say this…'”

Will Becky dream that she could be on the red carpet too? Will Mark approve of the clothes? Will Harris crush everyone's dreams or is she happy now??

Anticipation, live comments and afterthoughts all here.

• Love 4

Yeah, the Conners don't exactly seem like the types to know much about much more than popcorn movies. I can't see them being able to appreciate the subtle nuance of say, Jojo Rabbit or the delicate irony of Parasite.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, tessaray said:

Hmm... was that all they did? 

Apparently.  I didn't watch the Oscars, but that's the only clip I can find, so that indeed seems to be it.  I hope the live episode is better than that live promo for it was. 

• Love 3