Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Secrets

When Carol learns about Lexie's secret hobby, she also finds out an even bigger secret…that everyone knew except her. Also, Caleb goes to battle with an insurance company for his patient.

I will continue to watch this show, but if they don't get off of the broken record of "she's so old," I think I'll bail.  She's only 60 or 61, right?  If you're 25 years old, that seems ancient, but as you inch closer to that age, it doesn't seem so old!  The writers need to come up with some new material rather than paint her as an "old fart."  I find it to be rude.   YMMV. 

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I will continue to watch this show, but if they don't get off of the broken record of "she's so old," I think I'll bail.  She's only 60 or 61, right?  If you're 25 years old, that seems ancient, but as you inch closer to that age, it doesn't seem so old!  The writers need to come up with some new material rather than paint her as an "old fart."  I find it to be rude.   YMMV. 

From some of the comments made within various episodes, I get the impression Carol is only supposed to be fiftyish (and let’s face it, Patricia Heaton really pulls that off, even though IMDB says she’s turning 62 next month). That just makes the “old” jokes seem that much worse! Oddly enough, with Dr. Frost’s gray hair they make it seem like he’s way older than Carol (and focus plenty of “old” jokes on him also), but Kyle MacLachlan is actually a year younger!

And for all the “old” jokes, they sure make Carol come off as an immature twit. What really annoyed me in this episode was her egotistical assumption that she was “the core of the group” and her tone-deaf pushiness in dragging everyone to Dr. Gilani’s open mike appearance. For someone who prides herself on being a “people person”, how could it not cross her mind that maybe Dr. Gilani might not want her coworkers there because if she bombed it would be humiliating? Oh, and then there was her middle-school behavior in the cafeteria...

• Love 2

I find Carol to be a very self-absorbed and immature character. She’s also delusional. She seems to believe that she is the “core” of the group, the styrofoam holding the bouquet together, and that she can handle criticism, blah, blah. Except, she has proven on several occasions she is not, and cannot, and any sort of criticism causes her to freak out and go into a tailspin. I find her to be tedious. I still love Dr. Frost, though, and tune in for him and Nurse Dennis. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I find Carol to be a very self-absorbed and immature character. She’s also delusional. She seems to believe that she is the “core” of the group, the styrofoam holding the bouquet together, and that she can handle criticism, blah, blah. Except, she has proven on several occasions she is not, and cannot, and any sort of criticism causes her to freak out and go into a tailspin. I find her to be tedious. I still love Dr. Frost, though, and tune in for him and Nurse Dennis. 

Nurse Dennis is my favorite character!

• Love 3