Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Episode 8

• Start Topic

Just finished the series, and uncertain where to start.  Octavia Spencer literally seems to read the lines.  You really never believe she is the character.  Her sidekick, the blonde lady, is an awkward person in show with no definition of why.  Why is Poppy even married as her husband and their relationship has nothing to do with the plot.  Did the police do zilch when it came to investigating the murder?  Apparently the prosecution was based on the word of a young teen, coached by her mom, with mental health issues.  Also, no one investigating the crime could tell stab wounds inflicted by a knife compared to the tail of a metal pheasant.  Poppy uncovers everything from hospital records to a code encrypted diary, declaring 'who did it' every episode which turns out to be wrong.  It's the dad.  It's the mom.  It's Warren.  It's Laurin.  Oops - it's Josie.  Who was left??  Then there is the whole police officer dad in the show.  He is captain, hit a kid, pays for his nursing home care, the kid's family (I guess) has no questions about this peculiar arrangement, and he set his son up in prison for...?????  Why would the father do that??  Never visits him but gets him into the dog program.  Huh??  As a side plot, Poppy's family has issues which again is not clear except no one cared about Poppy as a child so she cares about Warren after she was responsible for getting him tried as an adult.  At this point, I am throwing my hands in the air.  

• Like 1

Apparently I’m two years behind on this show but I liked some of the actors involved so I gave it a go.  I am curious as to how it will end but it’s just been kinda meh.  Poppy is a mess.  She had a large hand in putting Warren away as a teen and if she truly thinks she made an error and he’s in fact innocent I haven’t heard her really apologize for that.  Now every five seconds she’s changing her mind about who the “real” killer is and ruining even more lives.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:36 AM, Madison59 said:

Never visits him but gets him into the dog program.

I laughed at that because he mentioned it twice!  Like thanks dude, but how about not putting your own son in prison to begin with?? Also did he actually have his son shanked or was that other prisoner full of shit?  And if he did….why???  Lots of questions about that guy.

The scene between Warren and Lainie was kind of heartbreaking.  Great job from the actors.  I think Warren will die or commit suicide.  I think Josie did it and everyone’s been covering for her since she’s so “fragile”. I’ll find out tonight when I watch the final episode.  

Oops I didn’t realize my last post was on the last episode thread. Anyway, I watched it. I knew it was Josie. I’m glad Warren got out, I was sure he was gonna die. It was just ok. I expected more from this cast. I might tune in for season two.