Type keyword(s) to search

Alert, Alert!: Disturbing TV Moments

• Start Topic

I’m a fan of SVU and Olivia but I have never been able to watch any episode of the William Lewis storyline. I know about it and know what happened to her when he took her hostage but based on how graphic it is, I immediately look for something else to watch when I see one of those episodes coming. However, Pablo Schrieber is really good at playing a creep since it was also his role on Orange is the New Black.

Also on SVU: I saw the episode Born Psychopath (about a child psychopath) once and that was enough for me. Didn’t watch its follow-up last season, Post-Graduate Psychopath, either, but read a summary and decided I could live without watching that ever.

On ER, it had to be the way Abby acted while in pre-term labor, yanking her IV away from a nurse, screaming at her OB (who she is supposedly close with yet treats her with no respect), and insisting that she HAD to be awake for a C-section despite bleeding all over the floor in the ER and then bleeding heavily again upstairs and the baby’s heart rate was in the 60s by the time she needed to go the OR. She was told general anesthesia would be quicker but she still made it all about her and tried to refuse meds that would help the baby, demanded to be awake for surgery when it was dangerous to be so, and was just generally her bratty self. There had to be better ways to show her in distress while still caring about her child and begging for intervention? Carol also had a somewhat dire situation earlier in the series with her birth but was pleading with Mark to make sure her baby lived, was in tears, and seemed genuinely afraid and shaken. I just couldn’t believe someone whose baby was in such dire straits would try to refuse meds, scream at her doctor and insist the birth had to go the way she wanted it to. It was chilling. My sister needed a C-section under way less dire circumstances (and she had a baby in NYC during COVID) and was disappointed initially and still didn’t carry on like Abby did. I can’t imagine she would’ve attempted to refuse meds or that would help her child had they been needed either. 

I think what haunted me wasn’t the bleeding or the C-section but that someone who chose to have a baby could be so cold and reckless while their child was in danger. As soon as she screamed at her doctor and ripped the IV line from the nurse’s hand I felt chills. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Love 3