Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Talk: Miss Fire

juno
  • Start Topic

The eighth season of Letterkenny has released today on CraveTV for viewers in Canada. The American audience will release its eighth season on Hulu on December 27, 2019. To be faaaiiir, I will wait a few days for the poor American viewers to catch up. Pitter Patter!

Edited by juno
Add on

Now that season 8 has been released on Crave and Hulu it is time for my season 8 breakdown.

The Great

Episode 6 with the Dyck family is the funniest of the series.

After his painful breakup with Marie Fred, Wayne is back (it takes 2 episodes). Things are going slowly but really good with Rosie.

Katy Kat stands up for her brother with another NFL level kick to Marie Fred.

All of Letterkenny stands up to Dierks for cheating on Katy.

Dan has 2 relationships in the season. Ellen and Lovina Dyck.

Reilly and Jonesy win the senior hockey championship

The Good

Stewart gets in shape for his upcoming scrap with a local drug dealer.

Anika becomes the rep for Bro Dude drinks, Jonesy and Reilly lose out.

The bad

Marie Fred and Dierks cheating on Wayne and Katy.

Dary still single but in love with a stripper.

Not enough Glenn, Coach and Tanis although Tanis has a funny scene with TSN.

Too many scenes in bathrooms. Not my forte!

Senior Team wins because Shoresy takes out the best player. Better to come in second than to win dirty like that.

Ep 2 - I think this was all put in place so Jared Keeso could show off how good he is at hockey.  

Ep7 - If ever I see someone like Wayne charging at me like the final scene of the season, I'm shitting myself and running for my life.  

• Love 1

I didn't care so much for this season. There was entirely too much of Wayne's show "Miss Fire," with the constant homophobic insults coming from the TV. They weren't funny nor were they clever. It also seemed like most of the characters have been reduced to their catchphrases.

6 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

I didn't care so much for this season. There was entirely too much of Wayne's show "Miss Fire," with the constant homophobic insults coming from the TV. They weren't funny nor were they clever. It also seemed like most of the characters have been reduced to their catchphrases.

Great to see more posts around here. It is very quiet around here.

You are right, without Wayne the first 2 episodes were boring. Season really starts on episode 3.

13 hours ago, juno said:

Great to see more posts around here. It is very quiet around here.

You are right, without Wayne the first 2 episodes were boring. Season really starts on episode 3.

I discovered the show from some YouTube clips, and when I got Hulu, I was pleased to see it was available. I binged the first six or seven seasons and enjoyed them, but I think it has started to lag. I didn't even realize season 9 had been released.

5 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I discovered the show from some YouTube clips, and when I got Hulu, I was pleased to see it was available. I binged the first six or seven seasons and enjoyed them, but I think it has started to lag. I didn't even realize season 9 had been released.

Season 9 was released on Dec 26 and you are correct it lags even more in season 9. Good news is that there is more than enough funny to cover it.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 12/29/2019 at 10:21 AM, juno said:

Not enough Glenn, Coach and Tanis although Tanis has a funny scene with TSN.

THERE.IS.NEVER.ENOUGH.GLENN

I just discovered this show and am hooked, I binged watched up to season 8 so far. 

I'm not sure if this will get me boo'd out of here but I find both Mary Fred and Rosie to be utterly boring. I would have preferred Wayne to have stuck it out with Tanis a bit more. 

It's too bad that Dierks turned out to be a lying liar who lies, I really wanted some happy times for Katy. 

I'm an American whose kids and husband all play hockey, so I absolutely love the Jonesy and Reilly hockey talk. Dylan Playfair is on the Mighty Ducks: Game Changers on Disney+, love seeing him on both shows, each aimed at a very different audience. 

I can't wait for club hockey to start this falls so that I can scream "Wheels, Snipe, Celly" during my kids games!

Edited by nomodrama
3 hours ago, nomodrama said:

THERE.IS.NEVER.ENOUGH.GLENN

I just discovered this show and am hooked, I binged watched up to season 8 so far. 

I'm not sure if this will get me boo'd out of here but I find both Mary Fred and Rosie to be utterly boring. I would have preferred Wayne to have stuck it out with Tanis a bit more. 

It's too bad that Dierks turned out to be a lying liar who lies, I really wanted some happy times for Katy. 

I'm an American whose kids and husband all play hockey, so I absolutely love the Jonesy and Reilly hockey talk. Dylan Playfair is on the Mighty Ducks: Game Changers on Disney+, love seeing him on both shows, each aimed at a very different audience. 

I can't wait for club hockey to start this falls so that I can scream "Wheels, Snipe, Celly" during my kids games!

Welcome aboard the Letterkenny express. Very few folks here so you probably won't get booed out of here. LOL.

Wayne and Tanis gave it the 'Ole College Try and it didn't work out but I would have liked them to work at it a bit. They don't like to show Wayne dating much, he mostly just meets his girlfriends and they are automatically dating. Tanis is a great character and needs more time.

Season 9 has some comeupance for Dierks. I don't want to spoil it for you. Katy gets some happy times in 9 also.

It feels like all the hockey tournament stuff takes away from the show. I find myself liking when we visit the hicks back home and sighing when we go to the ESPN-style bits and the hockey montages where you don’t even know the score until afterward.

Edited by Ottis
3 hours ago, Ottis said:

It feels like all the hockey tournament stuff takes away from the show. I find myself liking when we visit the hicks back home and sighing when we go to the ESPN-style bits and the hockey montages where you don’t even know the score until afterward.

Aside from a few funny moments the hockey bits were mostly fill in and mostly terrible. When episode 3 starts and they go to the strip club the show suddenly becomes fun again. On rewatch I will usually skip to episode 3 in that season.

• Love 1