Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Interview

• Start Topic

On 4/10/2021 at 6:12 PM, chediavolo said:

So did mine but I also know how to say no and demand a Man take his hands off me if he doesn’t get the hint otherwise. . I’m having a lot of trouble with this whole scenario.  she went along with him and didn’t resist.. yes he’s a disgusting pig no doubt about it, unfortunately too many men are but Hannah was not 100% right in my opinion.  what she did to Claire was horrible. We have to be careful where we are going these days

If she said no and resisted and made it clear she did not want to go to bed with him and he persisted that’s a whole Nother story. But to act like you reached this age, go up to a man’s apartment and now you are shocked by what is happening? No. Would he have persisted if she said no? 
We have to be careful where all this is going these days. It’s not going to be a quick fix. the problem is many men are raised this way, it is our culture. It is going to be extremely hard to get them to change and respect women more. We need to start teaching them young,  in elementary school. 

I saw Hannah as someone extremely focused on work and her career, to the point of dropping other personal relationships (as we saw when she was trying to use her contact to book the Senator on the show), as well as possibly being a bit naive. Add into that the overwhelming emotions she was feeling at being at the epicenter of such a tragic event, and I thought her reaction to what Mitch did was totally plausible.

Knowing what to say/do to get out of a situation like that, with such a vast power imbalance, while keeping your career intact, can take a level of sophistication that Hannah just didn’t posses. I think she was mentally and physically exhausted, shocked at what he was doing, plus running the mental calculations of what pushing him away and yelling no would do to her career and she just froze. 

• Love 5
On 11/7/2020 at 10:22 PM, l star said:

I think there's a lot of story left with her family. Her daughter was not a child just acting out. She seemed more like a child who had felt shunted aside for years, reduced to second place in her mother's life and left to bond with her similarly marginalized father.

Interesting how Alex is castigated for putting her spouse and child second to her job (which probably supported the three of them very nicely). Because many men have been doing this since the dawn of the workplace. Long hours, socializing with coworkers, networking after hours, job on the brain even at home - all for the advancement of the career. But it was always just fine when men did it. Alex does it, and she’s considered a terrible person for it. Another message this show is telling.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:12 PM, chediavolo said:

So did mine but I also know how to say no and demand a Man take his hands off me if he doesn’t get the hint otherwise.

Well, that’s great for you, but not everyone has that level of confidence.

I thought the show was great, with all the players doing fabulous work. Funny, but I never notice wigs. It seems like something that really bothers some people, and other people just don’t care, like it’s all or nothing.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3