Type keyword(s) to search

The Relationship Thread: Gen/Het/Slash, The Party Starts Here

Not that I want any of that to happen at all! I still maintain that Derek (and Scott, and Styles) are pretty hetero. They could maybe be bisexual, but hetero-romantic? But mostly straight as that is where their interests lie.

I think if there were any chance of Derek being attracted to guys the 1-2-3 punch combo of Paige, Kate, and Jennifer would have seen him exploring other options by now. Though maybe vows of chastity would be more likely than foam parties at the Jungle.

• Love 3
Not that I want any of that to happen at all! I still maintain that Derek (and Scott, and Styles) are pretty hetero. They could maybe be bisexual, but hetero-romantic? But mostly straight as that is where their interests lie.

I agree. Maybe it's just me, but I have never seen Derek/Stiles as anything but acquaintances, and only hanging out because of Scott. I'm actually trying to understand how people began to see Sterek as a couple. I guess season 1 they had quite a few scenes and I found them entertaining, at best, but it's not like they were staring at each other lustfully. I actually do get where fans get the Stiles as bisexual thing. Jeff Davis as, intentionally or not, been hinting at Stiles being more heteroflexible/bisexual since the pilot, with Danny. It's kind of sad because any hint of a male character showing comfortableness with sexuality means for many that they must not be heterosexual, but that's because it's not common for characters to express comfortableness with not only their sexuality, but others as well. All those inside jokes with Stiles and Danny worked because they established Stiles as curious since the first episode. But Derek has always been exclusively heterosexual and he's never expressed any sort of flexibility. Not that he couldn't end up being more than straight. It's just that they'd have to put some more work into it, like, now. 

Scott is a little different. I could see him as possibly bicurious or willing to experiment, at the very least. I've always liked Scott and maybe it was more Tyler Posey (like Dylan O'Brien) being able to pull off a character who's more heteroflexible than most. Isaac's another character that's interesting. Like Stiles, he's said and done some things that I could see as being more than straight.

But honestly, Stiles is the only character that I could see as bisexual because of the seeds planted. I just don't get where Sterek comes from, because Derek has not shown interest and I don't see the 'insane chemistry' that Tyler Hoechlin and Dylan O'Brien supposedly have together. I don't even see Sterek as good friends. Jeff Davis certainly has tried to steer clear of Sterek since mid season 2, and I can see why. I don't mind if he does lead Stiles to the bisexual route, but that makes me afraid that the small, yet extremely vocal, group of Sterek stans (I'll say stans because there are Sterek fans who are probably fine with not having Sterek) will revolt if Stiles does not end up with Derek. I think that's why Jeff's been afraid to commit to the idea of Stiles being into guys. He saw what happened when Stiles didn't answer the question on if he liked guys and I can see why he won't go all in yet. It's sad though, because it could be a possibly interesting storyline and they already have Mason (and Danny....) as gay characters so if they ever did want to go this route, they'd have ample opportunity. I could see Jeff actually having Stiles kiss Mason or some other guy as a 'funny joke' or whatever by the end of the series, but I don't think he'll fully go all in for a relationship for Stiles. Well, a) because Jeff seems keen on Stiles being with a werewolf, and b) Sterek stans.

• Love 2

It's kind of sad because any hint of a male character showing comfortableness with sexuality means for many that they must not be heterosexual

Great post, jessied. Personally I never assumed Stiles must be bisexual. IMO the so-called "hints" could just as easily be read as a hetero teenage boy who is queer friendly and bi-curious. I think the only possible queer pairings we could have in S5 (and Jeff has reportedly said there will be more queer rep in S5) are...

Mason/Brett = The most predictable likely option. Basically Danny/Ethan 2.0 where we'll see a token gay human paired up with a werewolf hunk. Both secondary characters so there would be very minimal focus on the ship.  

Stiles/Danny = If Danny returns, this could still be a possibility and one I'd love to see because the Stiles/Danny moments have always been golden. However if it did happen, I think it'd just be a fun bit of experimentation. Stiles can be bi and still end up with Lydia or Malia. And honestly if Jeff wants to make Stiles canon!bi he shouldn't change his plans just because shippers will tantrum over Stiles hooking up with a boy who isn't Derek.   

Scott/Issac = If Issac returns (which is sounding likely) I still think they could go there. Unlike Sterek, Jeff seems to have purposefully written Scissac as a "slash this!" pairing. In canon, an unrequited crush on Issac's part is more likely.

Peter/Valack = Why is nobody discussing this possibility? They're sharing a cell with one bed. I can already seeing them being written as Jeff's own version of Hannigram.  

Kira/Malia = If they ever want to explore female bisexuality with lead characters (which I doubt) I'm guessing this would be the writers femmeslash pairing of choice.   

Edited by Yitzhak
  • Love 2
I think Derek/Braeden could be really hot, or maybe I'm just amazed that they found an actress who has chemistry with Hoechlin.

I thought he had good chemistry with the Jennifer Blake actress imo, sucks, I actually thought they would have a future before the whole Darach thing. Derek/Braeden has been a disappointment to me.  They are both badasses with gorgeous likable actors , I was expecting something with fire but Im not feeling it. Could be the writing.

Chemistry is a subjective thing, but I think Stiles is better matched with Malia than he would’ve been with Erica or Cora (so maybe it was third time lucky?).

I liked the idea of Stiles/Cora but Stalia too works for me.

Edited by Conell