Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Immunity

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

xsoft-a-sound.jpg.pagespeed.ic.UoWhSBDFC

It's a "wham" episode, and boy was it a wham.

I mean, it wasn't perfect- Hollywood goes to the well of "evil CIA guy" that as soon as he was on screen I knew he was nefarious in some way. I do appreciate that they played him more to be a guy worried about his mission instead of a guy actively in on the cover-up of the criminal's activities, but he was still needlessly bureaucratic.

Still, this was wonderfully done- well-paced, well-told with no one underselling or overselling what was happening. Plus there were numerous well-placed lines, like Hondo's zinger- "where I come from, people with badges don't protect killers".

More importantly, the characters shone throughout in this. Jay Harrington did great to show how difficult it was for Deacon to restrain himself despite his stress. the return of Bonnie- who showed how much Tan really meant to her- was great, and the Battle of the Hondos was also entertaining. You really do see where Junior gets his stubbornness from.

Great episode overall.

• Love 3

Deacon and Hondo are hot.  All men should be required to look this good.  Yummmm!!!

I really like Deacon and his family.  I hope they don't go the TV route of splitting them up.

Tan winning the Tan/Street argument was hilarious.

• Love 2