Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Bad Apple

• Start Topic

I haven't seen everything he's been in, but has poor Frederick Koehler ever played a character that didn't turn out to be a loser/sociopath/psychopath/serial killer?  (Since he was the little kid in 'Mr. Mom', that is)

This was an okay episode, but I've never been a big fan of episodes that are set outside the 'regular' settings for a show (the characters go to another US city, to some anonymous South American/Middle Eastern country, etc.). 

I was much happier with Sebastian's character when he was the science nerd who stayed mainly in the lab and occasionally went in the field. 

• Love 1

I'm kinda over the trend of science/lab nerds wanting to become badass field agents. Landing those kinds of positions in federal agencies takes a lot of work, education and dedication to that field and it's ridiculous to act like they've been secretly yearning to tackle and shoot people. As OTT as they eventually made Abby over on the mothership, I like that they always made it clear that she loved science and didn't consider her self less than just because her job was less physical.

Edited by luvly
  • Love 3
On 10/10/2019 at 11:35 PM, luvly said:

I'm kinda over the trend of science/lab nerds wanting to become badass field agents. Landing those kinds of positions in federal agencies takes a lot of work, education and dedication to that field and it's ridiculous to act like they've been secretly yearning to tackle and shoot people. As OTT as they eventually made Abby over on the mothership, I like that they always made it clear that she loved science and didn't consider her self less than just because her job was less physical.

I completely agree.  As a forensic lab worker for a federal investigative agency it irritates me no end when they insist that all lab workers want to be field agents.  The lab folk I work with are perfectly happy with working as civilians.  One thing that the NCIS and FBI series never explain is that their locations and those jobs are not long term.  Most of them will only stay in one office for up to 5 years.  They sometimes move around as much as military personnel.  And then there's the salary...