Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: The Prince Who Wanted Everything

This was a good episode. As far as Fionna & Cake episodes go, it wasn't special, save for fleeting glimpses at characters given the Rule 63 treatment (especially Flame Prince, who starred in an F&C comic miniseries), but it was good. Lumpy Space Princess goes full-on Kathy Bates, kidnapping Ice King (irony . . . *koff* . . . can't breathe!!) and forcing him to read a story about Lumpy Space Prince rebelling against his folks, befriending F&C, and basically acting like the LSP we know. Well, except for the lack of Valley Girl accent . . . LSP insisted that be taken out.

Does the episode rate with "Fionna & Cake" and "Bad Little Boy"?

I don't think it was quite as good as those, but any Fionna and Cake is good.

I liked that LSP kept making Ice King change the voices.

LSP's "handsome face" put me in mind of the main guy in the racing episode of Space Dandy. (Can't wait until that's back, btw.)

Yeah, that was a fun little episode but not up to the level of the previous two Fionna and Cakes.

We've seen LSP's parents before, and they were just normal, right? So the monster thing is just "oh my parents are so awful"?

Because LSP is a drama queen, and she probably sees her parents as monsters.

Did anybody expect to see a Turtle Prince? Or a Magic Woman? I wonder if she's as big a pain in the ass as Magic Man.

Color me utterly disappointed. I know that the idea behind Fionna and Cake to begin with is that it's just fanfiction, but I was really hoping that at this point in the show they might be hinting at F&C becoming a more significant part of the show. And if there's one thing this episode wasn't, it's significant. Heck the whole joke is that LSP doesn't get what she wants. And neither do I. Okay, I get it, Adventure Time. Those of us that want the portal to open up and Fionna and Cake pop into Ooo are just wierdo morons. We are Ice King with his creepy shrine to fictional characters. We're wackos for thinking it would be awesome and adorable for Jake to meet Cake. Stop teasing us and just keep F&C in the comics.