Type keyword(s) to search

All American in the Media

• Start Topic

This show only airs here the following morning on TLC, but I was surprisingly able to mostly ignore the huge nonstop countdown to a reality show premiere that was in the corner of the screen the whole time!  It seemed a little weird that Jennifer had to have Monet describe the basic premise of the show.  This is the sixth season and that's more of a question about a brand new show.  She should have at least asked Daniel.  I didn't know much about the cast before the show, so I didn't know Bre-Z was on Empire.  That must have been early, as Jennifer said she appeared later and I remember Jennifer singing a song she did on Empire as part of the alleged series finale of American Idol in 2016.  (I only watched Star (ugh), which is why I recorded All American the first season.)

I'm glad the fan acted more normal when she hugged Michael and Greta.  I think they were frightened by the videos.  I'm sure she can probably back up her insistence that Jordan and Layla would be together even in season 1, but I don't think the writers had thought of it yet, as I don't remember them really talking that much that season.

I laughed when Jennifer was trying to make Samantha back up Bre-Z's rap and gave her the mic, and Samantha wisely just sat there.  I think Bre-Z wanted Jennifer to sing something in the background.  That would have been cool.

I skipped some of the episode that the cast wasn't in, but it was funny that Jennifer was giving her BFF a painting she had done of him, as the episode where that was made was the only other episode I've watched (for Cher).  She and her friend were doing a painting challenge, and he didn't seem shy in that episode.

Like, I get what Daniel is saying, but Spencer is the point of the show.  I’m not sure how the rest of the cast can carry it, unless we are gearing up for Coop and Patience Go To Yale, which I can fully get behind.

• Like 1