Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: 48 Hours

• Start Topic

When Jake makes an arrest without a lot of proof, he only has 48 hours to collect evidence, or else the "perp" will be released. After his unsuccessful interrogation of the suspect, Jake forces his co-workers to spend their weekend helping him crack the case. So, while the team is stuck at the precinct, Charles judges a pie contest between Gina and Rosa, and Holt helps Terry look better in the eyes of his in-laws.

Nice to see Holt make sure it's clear that they're stuck there due to Jake. I like people picking on Andy Samberg characters!

Great quotes as always. Liked Boyle using 'bitches' and immediately apologizing for it. But as always, all my favorite quotes involved Terry.

Terry talking about his brother-in-law: He makes me feel so small!
Holt: Well, who cares what he thinks? You're a police sergeant! You're a grown man! ...Now take your nap. And if I see the lights on in here, I'm going to be very disappointed in you.

• Love 1

Ah, 48 Hours.  Still exchange is probably still one of my favorite burns on TV:

Holt: "I know you're mad at Detective Perlata for ruining your weekend."

(Pause)

Jake: "And?"

Holt: "That was it.  I was just demonstrating what a FACT is."

Of course, what made the line was the Andre Braugher's delivery and the look he gave Jake when he said it.  This episode also had his "What are you talking about?  My hair is a mess!" line, which I always love, because he was being dead serious, and was truly pissed at Jake because of it.

I loved this episode and how it does a good job at humbling Jake.  He definitely deserved the criticism and anger from everyone for what he did, but I was glad that he did solve the case, apologized for his screw-up, and covered a shift for everyone, due to wasting their weekend.  And I also liked the moment when he begged Holt to let them all go, but Holt refused, not out of spite, but because he trusted Jake's instinct that Kid Cudi was guilty.  Even when Jake screws-up, Holt knows not to just undermined him, but use all resources to fix what he did.

Loved the casting of Terry's brother in-law, and how he managed to make Terry Freaking Crews look smaller then normal.

Boyle showing Gina and Rosa who has the best pie in NYC is always awesome!

And, finally (and shallowly), this episode shows that Melissa Fumero can look gorgeous while a) wearing an over-sized, somewhat racist T-Shirt from the Fat Terry Days (Terry: "Most fat clothes do have racist overtones.") and b) big framed, granny glasses.  Oh, Amy.