Type keyword(s) to search

FX Turns 25

• Start Topic

On June 1, 1994, FX launched as a cable network. Although it took a few years to find itself, 25 years later the network is the epicenter of the Peak TV era. (In fact, it was FX head John Landgraf who coined the phrase "Peak TV."

To commemorate the anniversary, we asked our writers and staff to compile a list of the network's most important programs. Here's what they came up with:  https://www.primetimer.com/features/the-25-most-important-fx-original-series

Which shows would you rank at the top, and which would you strike from the list? Weigh in here!

I’m happy to see The Shield in your top 5, IMO I’d rate it higher - although when comparing to the other shows on your list I didn’t watch some of them and saw only a few episodes of others.   The Shield for me was must watch TV, I also own the series on DVD.   For FX to have this series serve as their entry to original programming on their network was a wise choice.   

On a side note, given the escalating cost of cable TV, I’m glad a cable network such as FX that started out with mostly reruns turned to producing some original programming.  Other channels don’t always do that.