Type keyword(s) to search

The Hustle (2019)

slowpoked
  • Start Topic

Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson star as female scam artists, one low rent and the other high class, who team up to take down the men who have wronged them.

Anyone saw it over the weekend. It's a fun and light movie, if you're looking for alternatives for the other bigger movies whose theaters are/may be crowded. I like both Anne and Rebel, but for those who find Rebel so over the top and foul-mouthed, this isn't too bad. Anne's performance is campy, but I think it is needed for the role.

On another note, good to see Rebel Wilson getting to fail upward. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I was afraid they were gonna take full advantage of the PG 13 and have Rebel letting loose with any and all she could get away with, potty mouth wise. But, they didn't.

The movie wasn't that bad, it was a fun distraction from a bad day and I actually laughed  out loud at some moments that were not in the trailer.

I don't think I've seen anything else that Alex Sharp has been in, and yet he looks so familiar. I think  the character of Thomas was the highlight for me actually. Wasn't expecting him to be the grandson of Medusa, though.

Oh, and Dean Norris. I kept staring at his face, wondering where I knew him from. I never really watched Breaking Bad, but I do remember him from Sons of Liberty as Benjamin Franklin. He's a fun actor to watch !  

Edited by IWantCandy71