Type keyword(s) to search

Milk Carton Westeros: S8 Edition

• Start Topic

Hey hey, the gangs all here - but who are we still missing?

A Show has contracted to a core of characters and 3-4 significant locations, but there are still some loose ends. In descending order of importance:

Ghost:
S8E2 - YAY!
Prior to That: At Castle Black? I am pretty sure he was absent from the Battle of the Bastards, and I don't remember him in any of the search for allies or camp scenes leading up to BotB.

Nymeria:
Last Seen: Retreating into the woods with her wolf pack, after Arya said "that's not you" (she wasn't going to join Arya on her trip back to Winterfell).

Gilly and Little Sam:
S8E2 - YAY!
Prior to That: Leaving Old Town with Sam for the journey to Winterfell. I assume they are at Winterfell with Sam, but we just haven't seen them yet.

Meera Reed:
Last Seen: Leaving Bran and Winterfell, saying "I don't want to leave you, but when-- when they come, I need to be with my family."

Melisandre, the Red Woman:
Last Seen: Leaving Dragonstone for Volantis, telling Varys "Oh, I will return, dear Spider. One last time. I have to die in this strange country. Just like you."
She might be the link between Dany's exploits in Essos and the battle between the Armies of the Dead and the Living. I would love to see her return to Westeros with an army of freed slaves and Red Priests and Priestesses, perhaps with Kinvara, the High Priestess of the Red Temple in Volantis. Kinvara told Tyrion and Varys "Daenerys has been sent to lead the people against the darkness in this war, and in the great war still to come."

Daario:
Last Seen: Getting dumped by Dany in Meereen. Also a possible link between the current battle and Dany's time in Essos.

Jaquen H'ghar:
Last Seen: Telling Arya "finally, a girl is No One", before Arya leaves the House of B&W to return to Westeros.

Edmure Tully:
Last Seen: At the end of S6, Walder Frey says that "Edmure is back in a cell." No idea of his fate since Arya wiped out House Frey.

Robin Arryn:
Last Seen: Pledging "(Sansa is) my cousin… We should help her" back in S6E04.

Hot Pie:
Last Seen: At an inn, making food. When Arya tells him to "try not to get killed", he responds "Ah, I won't. I'm like you, Arry. (sniff) I'm a survivor."

Anguy (the Brotherhood archer):
Last Seen: At the Brotherhood cave, just as Arya ran (and was then captured by The Hound). He wasn't at the Hound / Beric / Thoros reunion where they hung the three renegade members of The Brotherhood in S6E08.

Salladhor Saan:
Last Seen: In a hot tub in Braavos with some prostitutes, telling jokes and being recruited by Davos to ferry Stannis and his hired mercenaries to attack the Wildlings north of The Wall.

Hill Tribes:
Last Seen: With Tyrion in KL, before they were paid off "quite handsomely" to return home to the hills outside The Vale by Tywin.

Anyone else I am missing?

Edited by WhiteStumbler
Crossed two off of my little list.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Varys's sorcerer, last seen in a box.

Lady Tarly and her daughter, last seen in happier times.

Ellaria Sand and her daughter, ditto. Not.

The prince of Dorne, fiance of Myrcella.

The wight's hand that Alister was taking to KL back in the day to convince the Southern folk that the threat was real. (Didn't seem to work.)

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, janjan said:

The wight's hand that Alister was taking to KL back in the day to convince the Southern folk that the threat was real. (Didn't seem to work.)

Ellaria Sand's daughter was killed by poison by Cersei, same way Ellaria killed Myrcella, but last we saw, Ellaria was imprisoned with her dead daughter because Cersei wanted her to watch her dead daughter rot, or something delightful like that because Cersei's nothing if not demented.  I also am pretty sure the Prince of Dorne, Myrcella's intended, was killed upon arrival in KL or on the boat, I can't remember right now.

Re: the wight's hand, doesn't Qyburn have it? I seem to remember him being very interested in it, no surprise there. What happened to the wight in the box that they brought to Cersei? Remember it came screaming out and lunged at her when Jon and Dany met her and asked for the Lannister army?

I'm not sure we'll ever see Varys' sorcerer unless he can play some integral role ASAP! And Lady Tarly is probably never to be seen again either. We haven't seen Gilly or Little Sam either, and I'd have thought Sam would have tried to leave them safely at The Citadel but I'm guessing they're at Winterfell and we haven't seen them yet.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, janjan said:

To add to what @gingerella wrote.

Varys' sorcerer in a box?  Evicted. (dead or alive) Tyrion needed the posh accommodations when Varys smuggled him out of King's Landing (after he'd made his Dad a Kabab on a Loo). First class sailing isn't what it once was.  I'm voting "dead". Varys wasn't feeding him.

Lady Tarly & Daughter?  I think they are still at the gorgeous Tarly homestead. BUT with the heads of the house on the Westeros BBQ menu, they may be fighting off would-be replacements (Sam being in the Nights Watch and all I'd vote for Bronn). So likely at home, but also in danger of being evicted. (the times being what they are)

Ellaria & daugher?  Gingerella covered.

The Prince of Dorne (Mycella's intended)?  To add to what Ging posted... He was killed on board the ship by the 2 Sand Snakes who weren't Ellaria's daughers, but Inigo Montoya's : "You Killed my sister! Prepare to die!"

The wight's hand that Alister was taking to KL?  Yes. This one is complicated. IF it made it to King's Landing, Qyburn may have it. But, if we follow the show? It was swallowed up in a Plot Hole between being sent and (not) arriving. Alister WAS sent with the "hand" to King's Landing, but what arrived, and was given dialog about, was a raven from Castle Black and was derided as fears of Grumpkins and Snarks (by Tyrion no less) at the Council meeting not presided over by Joffery but his mother Cersei.  Alister was NOT given an audience. Qyburn was not yet a player. But Paycelle? He MAY have kept it. He kept whatever would be useful to him. SO.... Qyburn MIGHT have it.  (too many variables)

Edited by Anothermi
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Anothermi said:

little Sam (who is one cute little kid).  

Soon to be scion of House Tarly, despite being a Wildling bastard born of incest. But way cute.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, janjan said:

Soon to be scion of House Tarly, despite being a Wildling bastard born of incest.

As soon as Sam and Gilly marry and he makes Little Sam legitimate, House Tarley will have a new heir. Sam lending (giving? I don't recall) Jorah the Valyrian steel sword was so perfect. It seems so obvious now, but I dodn't see it coming.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, WhiteStumbler said:

Sam lending (giving? I don't recall) Jorah the Valyrian steel sword was so perfect.

I wondered if Jon would give Longclaw to Jorah when they met near the end of S7 but he didn't. Jorah didn't recognize it, since LC Mormont had replaced the bear head with a wolf.

Now that Jorah has a Valarian steel sword, he gets to dispatch at least one WW before he bites it. Then who willl pick up his sword? It should go to Little Sam.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WhiteStumbler said:

As soon as Sam and Gilly marry and he makes Little Sam legitimate, House Tarley will have a new heir. Sam lending (giving? I don't recall) Jorah the Valyrian steel sword was so perfect. It seems so obvious now, but I dodn't see it coming.

20 minutes ago, janjan said:

I wondered if Jon would give Longclaw to Jorah when they met near the end of S7 but he didn't. Jorah didn't recognize it, since LC Mormont had replaced the bear head with a wolf.

Now that Jorah has a Valarian steel sword, he gets to dispatch at least one WW before he bites it. Then who willl pick up his sword? It should go to Little Sam.

IIRC, didn't Jon offer Longclaw back to Jorah but Jorah refused it, saying that he wasn't worthy of it and Jon was? I think that happened...but like so much of A Show, what's inside my head sometimes isn't what A Viewer saw, maybe I'm a Three Eyed Viewer? 😉  Anyway, if that did happen, it makes Sam giving his family sword to Jorah all the more poignant - Jorah's father deems him unworthy of the family sword, giving it to Jon, whom he feels is deserving of the honor it brings. Jon offers the sword back to Jorah but he declines, knowing he shamed his father and his House and he doesn't feel deserving of taking it back, it now belongs to Jon. Then Sam takes the House sword that his father wouldn't have given him because he felt Sam was a disgrace to their House, and Sam offers Jorah his family sword admitting that it's too heavy for him to use it correctly, and Jorah accepts, because he can regain some semblance of honor by using the sword in Man's darkest hour. It's three men - Jon, Sam & Jorah - all deemed unworthy by their Houses (not Ned but Cat, who snubbed him and loathed the sight of him), have swapped Valyrian steel swords to defend Mankind. It makes me wonder what weaponry Sam will end up choosing, I'm guessing dragonglass something or other since he's killed a WW with that before.

• Love 3

Actually, Jon did offer Longclaw to Jorah. Said that LC Mormont changed the hilt from a bear to a direwolf, but that it was indeed Longclaw. Jorah looked at it, reminisced about it, then gave it back to Jon saying he deserved to keep it since he brought dishonor to his family.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, gingerella said:

IRC, didn't Jon offer Longclaw back to Jorah but Jorah refused it, saying that he wasn't worthy of it and Jon was? I think that happened...but like so much of A Show, what's inside my head sometimes isn't what A Viewer saw,

Yes. I remember it like it was less than a week ago. Oh, yeah, it was. It's in the recap I wrote last Thursday of S07E06.

Jon tells Jorah how much he admired his father. Jorah states he deserved a better son. They deplore the way Commander Mormont met his death and Jon states that they avenged his death on every mutineer. (they “found justice.”) Then Jon abhored how his own good, honourable father met his end on the executioner's block. Jorah revealed that Jon's father wanted HIM executed, but them revealed that he was right. Jon rejoined that he knew, but that he was glad Ned didn't catch Jorah. Then he tries to give Longclaw back to Jorah, who refuses because he shamed his father's name and his house, so he forfitted the right to the sword and that it is Jon's because his father gifted it to him. (end of 6 minutes of catch up)

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, gingerella said:

IIRC, didn't Jon offer Longclaw back to Jorah but Jorah refused it, saying that he wasn't worthy of it and Jon was?

Oooo, you're right. My bad.

• LOL 1
On 4/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, WhiteStumbler said:

Edmure Tully:
Last Seen: At the end of S6, Walder Frey says that "Edmure is back in a cell." No idea of his fate since Arya wiped out House Frey.

And now posing as the Lord of the Riverlands.  And I wondered if the ugly mug sitting between him and Sam might have been some Frey relative so distant that he missed out on the Red Wedding and the Meal Arya made of Walder at the Twins.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, WhiteStumbler said:

Robin Arryn:
Last Seen: Pledging "(Sansa is) my cousin… We should help her" back in S6E04.

Looks like Lord Royce? who was training Robin may have done a decent job. Was he the guy sitting beside Robyn at the Westeros council-in-the-field? Anyway, he's alive and still Lord of the Eyrie.

• Love 4