Type keyword(s) to search

Made In Heaven - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I finished Season 2.  I'll wait until others see it to get into specifics but it has been a long time since I've had such complicated feelings about a lead character (Tara) which I actually appreciate.

Like I said before, the marriages this season had less of a fairy-tale feel to them.  Beautiful but you definitely get the sense that happily ever after won't be as easy to achieve for many of them that went through with the wedding. 

I am always skeptical when new characters are introduced but I found myself enjoying both of the women who joined the team.  In fact, the auditor/wife of the investor might have been my favorite character this season.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I finished Season 2.  I'll wait until others see it to get into specifics but it has been a long time since I've had such complicated feelings about a lead character (Tara) which I actually appreciate.

Like I said before, the marriages this season had less of a fairy-tale feel to them.  Beautiful but you definitely get the sense that happily ever after won't be as easy to achieve for many of them that went through with the wedding. 

I am always skeptical when new characters are introduced but I found myself enjoying both of the women who joined the team.  In fact, the auditor/wife of the investor might have been my favorite character this season.

I’ve seen the first two episodes and I agree! 

I don’t want to spoil for everyone else, but so far I have to say, although I love Karan I just want to shake him for making bad choices and being impulsive. 

• Like 1
On 8/13/2023 at 12:34 PM, Irlandesa said:

I like Tara- I think Tara only plays dirty when others play dirty, she isn't the type to pick on innocent people or "punch down". One of the things I can say about Adil, is that he is pretty transparent about who he is, he is an entitled HO, but he isn't an evil guy. (he isn't dumb, but Tara is smarter)

He realized he was being a jerk to his sister because he was upset at his Dad for lying, and made amends.(I loved seeing her at the wedding!) I hope Faiza realizes he will NEVER be faithful- not ever, and she needs to accept that, and her place as the mother of his first child.

The only person I had some sympathy for was Adil’s Mom, she treated Tara well, and didn’t have to lend her the money, but that nursery scene was a power play AND she never would’ve lost her house if Adil had kept it in his pants OR been honest with her and Faiza about sleeping with Tara at the hotel.

I only thought Tara/Adil had been married a year or two, but then I realized they got married before Faiza moved to Dubai, Faiza left her husband, lived with them a while, got divorced, moved home with her parents, then they separated, so I could see it being 3yrs of marriage, and then a year to the final divorce.

You think if there is a third season Tara is pregnant? Not knowing if it's Adil's or the chef's? Tara is too Machiavellian for that poor guy, he's a sweet talented guy who just wants a "regular life"- Tara is very beautiful, but she's too much of a schemer for him.

I enjoyed seeing Meher's story line, I want her and Danish to make it the long game! The wife of the investor/auditor had a compelling story, and we got the perspective of someone a bit older. The storyline with her son was so realistic and painful to watch- if the boy has a chance to turn around he needs to learn why what he did was wrong NOW, so he can become a decent adult and not in the image of his bio father.

I felt for Jazz, I think she and Kabir did like each other, but they both need to be honest regarding what they are looking for. The mechanic did have feelings for her (he paid for her brother’s rehab!) but she wants to move up in the world too, just be honest about it.

Karan- we love you dude, but you need to stay away from the DRUGS and the GAMBLING. I think his boyfriend really did care for him but he's far too damaged to be in an adult relationship. So he and Tara have each other for now.

• Love 1
On 8/27/2023 at 8:09 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I like Tara- I think Tara only plays dirty when others play dirty, she isn't the type to pick on innocent people or "punch down".

I don't know.  I think going after her ex-MIL's house was going after someone who is only tangential to the mess between her, Faiza and Adil.  Given her wealth, I can't say she's "innocent" or that Tara is "punching down" but I felt it was especially cruel after she lent her the money Karan took from the company accounts.  That loan essentially saved her business.  I don't think seeing the renovations earned that target. 

I hope Faiza realizes he will NEVER be faithful- not ever, and she needs to accept that, and her place as the mother of his first child.

Right.  They kind of hinted that she might have suspected when she couldn't understand why he gave up the house.  But for the same reasons I think Faiza should realize he shouldn't be faithful, I have a hard time rooting for Tara to walk away with a big haul.  You lose them how you get them, right?

I thought they'd pull the Tara is pregnant card this season but I guess they could pull it out next season too.  I'm kind of hoping they don't.  I don't think the war is over, but I'd like a more creative approach.

I only thought Tara/Adil had been married a year or two, but then I realized they got married before Faiza moved to Dubai, Faiza left her husband, lived with them a while, got divorced, moved home with her parents, then they separated, so I could see it being 3yrs of marriage, and then a year to the final divorce.

Yeah, they said four years in the last episode of this season, I believe.

I felt for Jazz, I think she and Kabir did like each other, but they both need to be honest regarding what they are looking for. The mechanic did have feelings for her (he paid for her brother’s rehab!) but she wants to move up in the world too, just be honest about it.

Right.  That's the impression I got too.  I saw some people mad at Kabir on Reddit and even though he definitely was a bit of a jerk, Jazz had a lot of information about how non-committal he was and chose to ignore it because I think she saw him as a step up from her current situation.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know.  I think going after her ex-MIL's house was going after someone who is only tangential to the mess between her, Faiza and Adil.  Given her wealth, I can't say she's "innocent" or that Tara is "punching down" but I felt it was especially cruel after she lent her the money Karan took from the company accounts.  That loan essentially saved her business.  I don't think seeing the renovations earned that target. 

I get what you’re saying. But Tara only got the house because Adil refused to be honest with his Mom or Faiza- he could’ve given her company shares, but he wanted her to keep quiet about their sex in the hotel. I do think the Tara’s MIL was good to her and treated her well, but the convo they had over the renovations was a power play; she wanted Tara to know it was over and Faiza “won” (only because Tara left, if Tara had never left Adil he wouldn’t have been with Faiza, pregnancy or no pregnancy). Tara was still deeply insecure about her class status, and with her mother in her ear- like you said above, a lot of complicated feelings about her. 

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Right.  They kind of hinted that she might have suspected when she couldn't understand why he gave up the house.  But for the same reasons I think Faiza should realize he shouldn't be faithful, I have a hard time rooting for Tara to walk away with a big haul.  You lose them how you get them, right?

Yeah. And they weren’t married that long. Not like she spent 20yrs with the man. I think the original settlement was fair and I would’ve taken it, the apartment, the business, and enough in mutual funds to retire without putting away another penny and you’re only 30?? But Tara got used to the good life and wanted more of that- but everything comes with a price. 

17 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I do think the Tara’s MIL was good to her and treated her well, but the convo they had over the renovations was a power play; she wanted Tara to know it was over and Faiza “won” (only because Tara left, if Tara had never left Adil he wouldn’t have been with Faiza, pregnancy or no pregnancy).

I didn't see it as a power play per se.  Tara's MIL wanted her back but she did leave and wasn't coming back.  I think she was just tired of the fight and the view of the renovation was basically a "let's end this." 

20 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

But Tara got used to the good life and wanted more of that- but everything comes with a price.

Yeah, I wish they would have explored this more.  Part of the reason she left last season is that she felt she was becoming disconnected from her roots but this season it's pretty clear that her Ms. Independent woman from last season didn't last long in the face of struggle.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yeah, I wish they would have explored this more.  Part of the reason she left last season is that she felt she was becoming disconnected from her roots but this season it's pretty clear that her Ms. Independent woman from last season didn't last long in the face of struggle.

And the thing is, Tara did advance her family (which I don’t blame her for in the slightest). Her niece is going to one of the best schools, and will have opportunities she and her sister didn’t have, she has a business she can grow and not have to depend on anyone, she can take care of her Mom. These are understandable desires- but Tara schemed and manipulated to land a 1% man (that she knew was an unfaithful ho) because she just didn’t want a secure life and a leg up, she wanted THE LIFE. I can even understand her realizing it wasn’t worth it and leaving, taking her settlement and thinking “lesson learned”; but Tara sees herself as the victim and she’s really not.

What I don’t understand, as smart as she is, why she didn’t know what it would cost her? I was surprised she was dating the chef- I mean he’s cute and a nice guy, but it’s clear the type of life Tara wants. She’s very beautiful and smart, she’s still young- I’d think she go for not another Adil but someone in that world. Not a “regular guy with a job”.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

What I don’t understand, as smart as she is, why she didn’t know what it would cost her? I was surprised she was dating the chef- I mean he’s cute and a nice guy, but it’s clear the type of life Tara wants. She’s very beautiful and smart, she’s still young- I’d think she go for not another Adil but someone in that world. Not a “regular guy with a job”.

I think she was with the chef because she was lonely and he was there and treated her well. She had flashes of enjoying his company but she seemed put off by his middle class lifestyle more than once. I definitely think she’s wants back in to the upper echelon but realistically, I don’t think there is a way back for her. Everyone in her former circle stopped associating with her once she and Adil separated and she’s not from a well and connected family. Now she’s older and a divorcee on top of it so I can’t see her landing a whale since landing Adil was a fluke even with her manipulating the situation.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think she was with the chef because she was lonely and he was there and treated her well. She had flashes of enjoying his company but she seemed put off by his middle class lifestyle more than once. I definitely think she’s wants back in to the upper echelon but realistically, I don’t think there is a way back for her. Everyone in her former circle stopped associating with her once she and Adil separated and she’s not from a well and connected family. Now she’s older and a divorcee on top of it so I can’t see her landing a whale since landing Adil was a fluke even with her manipulating the situation.

That makes sense. 

Another Adil wouldn’t happen, but she could land a wealthy professional (a guy that owns a restaurant rather than a chef for example), I know India isn’t the USA, and divorce has a much bigger stigma.

But she’s incredibly beautiful, smart, and yes she’s divorced but no kids while still being young enough to have kids. Maybe a class or two DOWN from Adil would be more appealing to her than a “regular guy”. I just want her to understand you can’t have it both ways. I think she was right to leave the marriage as it was fucked from the beginning, but if there is a third season something tells me this isn’t over with Adil’s family. 

• Like 1