Type keyword(s) to search

[RESOLVED] Old bug still there? Threads getting marked as read inappropriately

SoMuchTV

I reported a bug a few months ago and I can't find it now (did some old stuff get archived?).  The conclusion was wait till the upgrade.  But I see it's still happening now.  Example:  I went to the Jeopardy forum for the first time since the hiatus.  There were two topics with unread posts.  I clicked on one of them & read the posts.  Then I used backspace to go back to the show forum and the other (previously unread) topic was no longer bold.  When I went into it, the very last post was flagged with the yellow bar indicating it's the most recent unread post, while actually there were several that I hadn't viewed yet.

I realize this probably isn't a high priority at the moment but just wanted to report back on the status.

This was on Win7, latest Firefox.  Haven't noticed on any other platforms at this point.

Edited by SoMuchTV
Device/OS details

Just an FYI, but this happens (and is still happening) in the Keeping Up With the Kardashians thread. I reported it a couple of times, but it was never addressed, & I just got used to it & work around it now.

Thanks for your patience with this.

We suspected it could be related to what was happening with de-indexing, (never know until you do) and now that seems to be working fine, has this problem gone away?

If not and you're absolutely sure a topic/forum/area got marked as read without you having read it, pass on the URL please.