Type keyword(s) to search

The Last Man On Earth - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm a fairly morbid person and have been rewatching this show (...a few times...) since the lockdown. It annoyed the hell out of me on first-run (Tandy became over the top ridiculous and then Carol all-in joined him by season 4), but season 2 to mid-season 3 was some really, really enjoyable TV. I wish there had been a season 5.

The Pamela flashback episode with everyone wearing facemasks and dying of a virus in late 2019/early 2020 (?) is flat out spooky. So is the Mike and Pat episode. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dovegrey said:

The Pamela flashback episode with everyone wearing facemasks and dying of a virus in late 2019/early 2020 (?) is flat out spooky. So is the Mike and Pat episode. 

Was that the one that showed the funerals of all the line-of-succession presidents?  I tried to go back and find that one to remember who they all were (President Pence, President Pelosi...) but in the end that just seemed too depressing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Was that the one that showed the funerals of all the line-of-succession presidents?  I tried to go back and find that one to remember who they all were (President Pence, President Pelosi...) but in the end that just seemed too depressing.

Yep. I think it went Pence, Paul Ryan, Tillerson, someone else, and then skipped to DeVos. It was the original 2016 cabinet plus Republican speaker minus any mention of Trump.

• Useful 2

Just found this nice interview with Forte weighing in on the COVID crisis and some of the things the show sort of predicted about it:

https://observer.com/2021/01/will-forte-covid-19-the-last-man-on-earth/

Also, along similar lines, about a year ago the TV Ratings Guide blog posted an interesting analysis of the "Got Milk" episode (it was edited later in the spring and the fall):

http://www.thetvratingsguide.com/2020/03/revisiting-last-man-on-earth-in-wake-of.html

Edited by GRChereck
additional article
  • Love 2

Y’all. I just rediscovered this part of this site and this (archived) thread and yeah, from the perspective of 2023, this is creepy and depressing af. With what we’ve seen about how bad we are at managing pandemics, I am not optimistic this couldn’t happen.

It definitely had some plot holes, but I did generally enjoy this very weird show, although it might be too soon for a rewatch.