Type keyword(s) to search

London: The Prettiest Girl on the Show

Things I love about London:  the markets, Churchill's bunker, Austen's writing desk at the British Library, the mummies, The Tower, Tower Bridge, the view from the Thames, the Overground, cockles, the bleu cheese, and the 5 million Pret A Mangers that keep your meal budget in check.  

As much as I love London, I ADORED Brighton.  It was the most hilarious beach scene I've ever witnessed.  Everyone fully clothed-Musliim women would have felt at home here, all lounging on the rocky beach.  The shops were fantastic, and it had an amazing art scene.  Only an hour train ride from London!

It seems like British girls wear tights all the time.  Are those just more popular than regular pantyhose?  Also, I LOVE their interpretation of "American" style bars.  Like bottles in the front window-this is considered "American."  From what I understand, American bars are kind of trendy right now in London, with a lot of barbecue joints opening up.  Are there any Londoners here that can confirm?

Seeing London is definitely the best reason to watch this show!  I attended university in England and used to pop down to London for the weekend whenever possible.  One of my nieces recently spent a year at the University of London and I went to visit for a week.  So much fun!  The Courtald Institute is one of my favorite museums.  And I second the fondness for Pret A Manger.  I wish they existed here.