Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: The Forsaken

Deep Space Nine did the impossible. They made Lwaxana likable. I may be the only one who shares that opinion, but wow, this was a Lwaxana episode I actually enjoyed. I mean, she still has her annoying points, but who would have thought she would be willing to humble herself for another person, a person she just met?

I also just like the elevator scene in general. Her inability to not talk reminds me of my grandmother. Odo wants silence. Lwaxana, however, just cannot do it. She even looked a little apologetic while telling them that she needs to talk. I found their scenes to be realistic with two completely different people trapped in a small location.

I like the other ambassadors too. We see just enough of them to see how they are just as or more annoying than Lwaxana. In a way, they were all more annoying, because she at least made a point to going out and enjoying herself. They basically just followed poor Julian around. I did not feel like I got an overdose of them.

• Love 3
On 6/11/2014 at 3:26 PM, Meushell said:

I may be the only one who shares that opinion

Nope, I'm right there with you. I think it was kind of genius, b/c the writers needed a way to expand our understanding of Odo's character, so they lock him in a small space with a character who will push and push and not stop pushing, until he finally opens up about himself. The moment when Lwaxana says "Let me take care of you" is one of my favorite moments. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Reishe said:

Nope, I'm right there with you. I think it was kind of genius, b/c the writers needed a way to expand our understanding of Odo's character, so they lock him in a small space with a character who will push and push and not stop pushing, until he finally opens up about himself. The moment when Lwaxana says "Let me take care of you" is one of my favorite moments. 

I agree, even when she shows Odo her wig. I felt the use of Lwaxana worked very well in DS9. Especially with Odo and lead him towards Kira as the series progressed.  However, a small part of me wanted a scene later on after she had her son and Deanna meeting her new little brother.