Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: Compilation Show

• Start Topic

I just saw this tonight and had to post that it's easily one of the funniest season-long compilations of Graham's show that I've seen, just laugh-out-loud funny.

It really included all the best moments from the season, with the funniest including more than one from the "Monuments Men" couch with Matt Damon, Bill Murray, and Hugh Bonneville. That entire episode was so funny that it's really endearing near the end when Matt Damon (who has been helplessly laughing through most of it), blurts out, "This is the most fun I've ever had on a talk show!" It was just so earnest and sweet.

Other highlights included the X-Men guys (and the hilarious fan drawings by Magneto-Xavier shippers), Keira Knightley's bad sex faces, Dawn French's Spider-man kiss with Bear Grylls, Seth Macfarlane's "Kermit the Frog" version of the "Taken" speech (Macfarlane's not always one of my favorite people, but it's truly funny), etc.

Edited by paramitch
  • Love 2

I binge-watched The Fall recently, and Jamie Dornan was really good. He does have really big calves, hee! I hope being in 50 Shades of Gray doesn't sink his career.

I have trouble seeing how it could. It will be a hit (in regards to ticket sales) and unless his performance is absolutely awful I doubt he'll get blamed for the quality of the film.

• Love 1

I'm not that interested in the movie or books when it comes to 50 Shades (just not my cup of tea -- I tried a few pages but... no), but based on "The Fall" and his genuinely lovely work on ABC's "Once Upon a Time," I definitely expect big things for Dornan.

The truly odd aspect was, the moment I watched OUAT, Dornan brought so much charm and presence, I was like, "WHO IS THIS GUY?" and ABC had already ::cough:: leaked that Dornan would be leaving. Yet to me his character left a real gap it took another full season or more to fill (basically with the Hook character, a similar character played by a similarly charismatic actor). And honestly to this day he could've been brought back and he would've sidelined most other characters. It's not a showy thing either, which is what makes him so good.

I feel like the fun part is that ABC just massively screwed up (they even brought him back a few times in "flashback" episodes) -- but on the fun side, I wish nothing but the best for Dornan and his move beyond TV. I always root for up and coming actors, not least those who seem humble and appreciative. But my lord, there are scenes in "The Fall" that I will simply never ever forget and I mean that in the best and worst, worst ways. (People who've seen it:

The phone call. The phone call from the police to the girl while he is strangling her and they are at her front door. I'm still recovering from that one. It broke my heart.

)

I think Dornan's got a nice career waiting for him and I'm interested to see where it goes. My favorite thing about him in my limited experience with his work thus far is that he has the confidence to take a larger than life role and make it small and real and quiet. He did it with OUAT. And even more so with his character in "The Fall" -- a character it would've been all too easy to try to push for sympathy, pathos or drama, but he simply played it out incredibly quietly and realistically and let the performance speak for itself. That gets me every time. He was a monster but I believed he was an everyday monster. He even almost (almost) had me feeling something for him in the end. A superb performance.