Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: P3's a Crowd

Lisin

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Hi everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!)

I was kiddo82 over at TWoP as well. I spent a lot of time posting on the Charmed boards over there during the show's original run when I probably should have been studying. This show, for better or worse, was my security blanket TV through the latter half of high school and all through college and grad school. It aired its last episode the week I graduated. I know it sounds silly but I always thought the timing, while purely coincidental, was fitting. The run of my decompressor from school show ended the year my schooling did. And immediately after graduation that summer, when I was studying for my state licensure exam, I would even turn to DVDs/syndication during some down time. (Now that I've been in the workforce for 8 years I need a whole new kind of destressor.). In any event, this show, as ridiculous as it could be, will always have a special place in my heart. Like a parasite that if they remove it could cause more harm than good. (I kid! I kid!). I always have a way of finding my way back to this show so it's nice to see this forum open and you fine people to help enable me.

I'm writingdreamer and Charmed was my favorite show for years!  I really loved how it evolved from three single sisters who found out they were witches, to three magical women who were a true family, all their struggles and successes.  I'm really glad we've got a forum for this show on here!

I grew up watching Charmed. My best friend at the time got me into it right before the third season (I saw reruns of the previous two seasons) then watched from season 3 onward. I was midway through high school when it ended. I loved how in combined supernatural with real life problems, of course I was too young to get some of the references at the time lol. Now that I am older I catch more things on rewatchs lol and I still enjoy watching it.

Just spot this thread, so I decided to use this to introduce myself.  At another board, we use this as a way of introducing ourselves.  If others want to use it to re-introduce yourself so I can get to know you, I'd love it!  Some of these I've replied to in other threads, but here is is all together:

1. How long have you been a Charmed fan?
Since the show first started. While watching my other favorite WB/Aaron Spelling show - "7th Heaven" I saw an ad for this new show featuring Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs and Alyssa Milano.  Since I love Holly on "Picket Fences" and Alyssa on "Who's the Boss", I decided to give it a try.

2. Have you seen (a) every episode more than once, (b) every episode at least once, (c) most of the episodes, (d) fewer than half of the episodes? 
B, although I've only seen Season 8 once and plan on never watching it again. When it's on TNT, I take a break, just like I do with Season 6.

3. Do you still watch Charmed (on TV, online, video or DVD)? If yes, do you watch (a) every day, (b) once or twice a week, (c) a few times a month, (d) a few times a year? 
D. I have the first three seasons on DVD and my favorite episodes from the other seasons (especially TNT's Superbowl marathons) on VHS which I had transferred to DVD.  I admit I don't watch them as much as I used to, but every month or so, I'll sit down and have a marathon, especially a Sheryl J. Anderson marathon, since I love the way she wrote the sisters. I also watch it on TNT, but again, I'll admit I don't as much as I used to.

4. How long have you been in the online fandom?
I first discovered the ezBoard version of thecharmedones.com - my first Charmed online site - during Season 5. I found out about it via thewb.com.  I discovered IMDb after the show ended.  Now that their message boards are closing, I went looking for a new Charmed home and found this one.  I don't do Charmed on social media because it's my guilty pleasure and like to keep "Esmeralda" and my real identity separate.

5. How do you feel about the finale and the way the show ended? (a) loved it, (b) liked it, (c) had mixed feelings, (d) disliked it, (e) hated it?
E. I love all of the rewrites that are around more, especially PiperCharmedPhreak's, Fourever Ch.armed's and GZV969's and, of course, my own "Charmed Forever" which I wrote shortly after the show ended, even if it's not my own favorite of my fanfics.  I used it to answer these questions, all part of the reason why I hate it:

1. How both Piper and Billie survived that explosion at the end of "Kill Billie Vol 2" without a broken bone since neither of their powers should've been able to save them

2. Why the Hollow didn’t go out of Piper and Billie until a being of good and a being of evil said the spell on the Hollow’s box

3. How Piper and Dumain, both non-cupids, were able to use a cupid’s ring, which is only used to amplify and direct a cupid's power

3. Why we only saw Piper and Leo as old and not Phoebe, Coop, Paige or Henry

4. Why Old Piper and Old Leo in the future knew what Piper and Leo were going to do, but Wyatt and Chris had no idea and neither did S6 Chris

5. Why Patty’s idea of three generations of Halliwells tapping into the Power of Three worked, when only three sisters descended from Melinda Warren are supposed to be able to tap into the Power of Three

6. Why Grams didn’t recognize Piper from "That 70’s Episode" when she said a spell to delete it from little Prue and little Piper's memory, not from hers and Patty's and why she wasn't upset when she found out that she had great-grandsons.

7. Why Wyatt ever had his powers in the future, if he’d lost them to the Jenkinses as a toddler

8. Why Henry wasn’t part of the final all-generation hug and why Chris didn't hug Leo

9. How the Charmed Ones were able to write down what would happen in the future when they hadn’t lived it yet

10. How Leo, an ex-whitelighter mortal, could possibly handle magical children while trying to teach them

6. Rank the seasons from most to least favorite.
First half of 3

5 (Not including "Oh, My Goddess!" and not including any scene that includes Cole)

Last half of 7

Last half of 3
4 (and any S5 scene that includes Cole)

First half of 7

6 (including "Oh, My Goddess!")

7. Your five favorite and five least-favorite episodes?

It's impossible to say what my five favorite episodes are. During a recent rewatch, I gave the following episodes an A and can't really narrow it down any more than that. So in order of airing:

Something Wicca This Way Comes
Dead Man Dating
The Fourth Sister
The Truth is Out There...And it Hurts
The Witch is Back
Wicca Envy
From Fear to Eternity
Secrets and Guys
That 70's Episode
When Bad Warlocks Turn Good
The Power of Two
Out of Sight
Love Hurts
Deja vu All Over Again

Morality Bites (My A++ Episode)
They're Everywhere
P3 H20
Heartbreak City
Reckless Abandon
Show Me a Sign
Murphy's Luck
Chick Flick
Ex Libris
Apocalypse Not

Once Upon a Time
All Halliwell's Eve
The Good, The Bad and the Cursed
Pre-Witched
Sin Francisco

Charmed Again, Part One
A Knight to Remember
Brain Drain
A Paige From the Past
Lost and Bound
Saving Private Leo

The Eyes Have It
The Day the Magic Died
Baby's First Demon
Cat House
Sense and Sense Ability

Forget Me Not
The Power of Three Blondes
Little Monster
I Dream of Phoebe

Styx Feet Under
Carpe Demon
Show Ghouls
Scry Hard
Little Box of Horrors
Something Wicca This Way Goes

LEAST-FAVORITES are easier:

1. Sleuthing with the Enemy

2. Valhalley of the Dolls

3. Oh, My Goddess 

4. It's a Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World

5. Forever Piper, I mean Forever Crap, I mean Forever Charmed

8. Your favorite characters (as many as you wish).
Oh, man, too many to name!

S1 & S3 Patty is my all-time favorite.

Melinda Warren, Bane Jessup, Billy Applegate, S2 Cupid, Maggie Murphy, Late S1-Early S3 Prue, S1 Piper, S1-2 Phoebs, S4 Paige and S1 Leo tie for my second-favorite.

Honorable mention goes to: Early S2 and S5 Piper; Early S3 Phoebe, S8 Paige, S1-2 Grams, Mark Chao, Rex, Andy, Aviva, Young Prue, Young Piper, S1 Barbas, Eric, Charlene, Eva, Bo Lightfeather, S3 Source, Debbi Morgan's Seer, Dr. Ava Nicolae, The Crone, Kyra, Drake, Zankou, Hope, Little Wyatt and Henry. 

Oh, man, I'm sure I'm missing some, but that gives you the idea...

9. Which romantic pairings do you like? (pick as many as you like)
Paige and Henry

Prue and Bane

Piper and Mark

Phoebe and S2 Cupid

Phoebe and Drake

10. Do you read and/or write fanfiction? Any particular type? Do you follow any of the virtual series?
I both read and write them.  I particularly love alternate-universe ones. My favorite fanfics are Kalvana's "Future Consequences" and Scififantasychic's "The Witch and The Assassin", both which show how Chris should've been written, along with Justro's "A Halliwell Christmas Carol" which she wrote as a Christmas present for me. My favorites of my own fics are "The Warren Curse", "The Twice-Cursed Child" (no, not Chris, but his cousin, Warren - Wyatt isn't evil in this one),  and "My Sister's Dying", the story I dedicated to my mom, although my most popular not my favorite, "Charmed Forever" - my rewrite of "Forever Crap", I mean "Forever Piper", I mean "Forever Charmed". 

My favorite virtual series is LexiCharmed’s “Progeny: Angels and Demons” and I ADORE P3Nathan’s “Charmed; The Final Season” so far.  I might have loved “Charmed: Reality Reset” if the next generation didn’t stay so long and if it had ever been finished.  As is I like it.  I also loved Twin_Swords’ “Destined: The Charmed Sons” and wish it had been finished.

11. Are you a fan of any other witch-themed shows?
Only "Bewitched" (the TV show, not the movie)  The only other supernatural show I really liked was "Dark Shadows".  Much prefer shows with superheroes, although I don't like the current WB crop of them. 

12. What are your other favorite shows, if any?
Oh, man, again too many to mention! But if you mean those that are currently on, just:
The Voice
Who Do You Think You Are?
Movies on Hallmark Channel
NCIS (just the original one)

13. Are you male or female? Straight or gay?
Straight female, never married, never had kids

14. What's your age group? (a) under 15, (b) 15-21, (c) 21-30, (d) 30-40, (e) 40-45, (f) 45-55, (g) over 55, (h) none of your beeswax.
G. I don’t mind saying that I was born in 1953, so I’ll be 64 this July

15. What is your occupation?
Accounts Receivable clerk for a wholesale florist for 15 years; a file clerk for a large corporation for 23 years before that, and a bunch of short-time ones before that.

16. What country are you from?
United States of America (Minnesota)

17. Do you like the early or later seasons of Charmed? a) Season 1-3 b) season 1-4 c) season 5-8 d) all of them e) a mix of both
A – for me, that’s Charmed.  The others are just an alternate-universe spin-off, "The Perils of Poor, Poor Pitiful Piper" aka "PhoeME and Her Fantasy Guys" aka "Two Witches Plus One Living Whitelighter Equals the Power of Three?". Charmed is one of my all-time favorite shows. The alternate-universe spin-off doesn't even make the Top 1000.  That has very little to do with Prue vs Paige who was my favorite of the second set, but much more to do with the change of writers and the change of the Charmed Ones from sisters who happened to be witches who I admired to demon-slayers who happen to live in the same house who I hated, the reason I believe it's an alternate-universe spin-off.

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 1