Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: Total Loss Or Worth The Weight?

Okay, I started watching these on the treadmill and they seemed reasonable enough...but now Meredith is supposed to run a marathon on three months' training with a torn meniscus and a steroid shot? Oh and that training seems to consist of running 5ks.

We're in the middle of another blizzard so the streaming video quit but I'm guessing she's going to stagger through that marathon, right? Cue the misty "I never knew what I could do, but thanks to you, Chris, I found my inner warrior on my journey"...

And they cut the cameras and then she gets to have knee surgery and be on crutches for months. That's just all kinds of stupid to make her keep training with that kind of injury, let alone have her run a marathon.

• Love 1

I always wish we had more detail on the diets of these folks. I've been losing weight since January and since Jan, have only lost 40 pounds. I've spent the past 6 weeks up and down the same 3 pounds in spite of a strict calorie-controlled diet and exercise program. It's frustrating and makes me want to quit. How does that NOT happen to these people? I still have 50 pounds to lose so it's not like I'm tiny and don't have any more fat to go - trust me, I've got loads. How are they dropping close to 100 pounds in 3 months??!

A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25-ish lbs. you're overweight.

Season 4 was my first. Has there ever been any coverage of how many participants actually keep the weight off?

• Love 2

Has there ever been any coverage of how many participants actually keep the weight off?

I don't think there has been, at least nothing official that I've seen. Maybe some past participants have done blogs or something.

There have been "Where are they now?" features about contestants from "The Biggest Loser," even when the winners have gained all the weight back and more.

• Love 2