Type keyword(s) to search

Project Runway Elsewhere: PR Shows Around the World

• Start Topic

Oh yes.

They have just started the first season of PR New Zealand a few weeks ago and I think their mentor is quite good. When they had their first unconventional materials challenge they specifically told them, that it has to be fashion and NOT wearable art. The piece of garment that won that challenge was pretty neat. The group of designers is a bit of a mix talent-wise. I also wondered why TVNZ waited so long to get this show and whether it had something to do with the Lifetime/Bravo rift or if it is merely cheaper now.

I also watched Canada, Australia and Project Catwalk (UK) but that was ages ago. The first season in Australia and the two (?) Canadian  seasons where not bad. I didn't like the UK version tbh and I remember that one Australian season had some really annoying contestants.

I would like to watch the Finnish, Norway or Swedish version and whether the designers manage to produce something recognizably Scandi. Has anyone watched those episodes?

I hope Bravo gets a shift on, I really miss the show.

Edited by Aulty
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm glad I'm not the only one watching PR: New Zealand! I've been enjoying it a lot and I wasn't sure if it was because it's a good season, because I just miss PR, or because the last few seasons of regular PR have been so awful.  Whatever the reason, I really like it so far. And I, too, loved that the unconventional materials challenge was accompanied with the warning not to make wearable art aka something with a bunch of crap glued to it that's actually very unwearable.

Since I'm not the only one watching PR: NZ, I'll request a forum so we can discuss the episodes in more detail!

I watched the Canadian and Australian shows too ages ago and I vaguely remember liking them, but as you said, they were soooooo long ago and my memory isn't what it used to be so I don't remember a lot of details about those (I think the Canadian show was over ten years ago!). I'll have to see if I can hunt down some of those seasons and rewatch them while we wait for the new Bravo reboot.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Maybe its the withdrawal symptoms speaking, but if they ever decide to make an international All Stars with designers from all the other versions, I'd watch it. The Eurovision of fashion.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aulty said:

The Eurovision of fashion.

Hahahaha, that would be amazing! To make it fully Eurovision, they would do only  the most ridiculous challenges from past seasons: unconventional materials, women's wrestling costumes made only of lycra, etc.

I would love to watch some of the other international versions (notice the non-American versions I've watched are all in countries where they speak English). If I could track down the shows in other countries with subtitles, I'd be all over it. I guess I could just watch the runway shows at the end of each episode and look at the clothes. That would definitely save me a lot of time!

• Love 1
On 10/18/2018 at 4:18 AM, Aulty said:

They have just started the first season of PR New Zealand a few weeks ago and I think their mentor is quite good. When they had their first unconventional materials challenge they specifically told them, that it has to be fashion and NOT wearable art. The piece of garment that won that challenge was pretty neat. The group of designers is a bit of a mix talent-wise. I also wondered why TVNZ waited so long to get this show and whether it had something to do with the Lifetime/Bravo rift or if it is merely cheaper now.

FYI - we now have a forum for Project Runway: New Zealand!

• Love 1
On 19/10/2018 at 1:20 PM, Aulty said:

The Eurovision of fashion.

Well, surprisingly we're gonna get what we wished for next year. The last All Stars season on Lifetime that features former PR runway winners and winners from international seasons starts on January 2nd. I'm intrigued, amused and prepared to laugh out loud about Anya again.

Irina Shabayeva from Brooklyn, NY - Winner, PR Season 6

Seth Aaron Henderson from Vancouver, WA - Winner, PR Season 7 and All Stars Season 3

Anya Ayoung-Chee from West Indies - Winner, PR Season 9

Dmitry Sholokhov from New York, NY - Winner, PR Season 10 and All Stars Season 4

Michelle Lesniak from Portland, OR - Winner, PR Season 11

Sean Kelly from Brooklyn, New York - Winner, PR Season 13

Anthony Ryan from San Antonio, TX - Winner, All Stars Season 2

Juli Grbac from Australia - Winner, Project Runway Australia Season 1

Christina Exie from Australia - Winner, Project Runway Australia Season 4

Cynthia Hayashi from Brazil - Winner, Project Runway Brazil Season 1

Django Steenbakker from the Netherlands - Winner, Project Runway Netherlands Season 1

Jasper Garvida from England - Winner, Project Runway U.K. Season 3

Evan Biddell from Canada - Winner, Project Runway Canada Season 1

Sunny Fong from Canada - Winner, Project Runway Canada Season 2

On 10/18/2018 at 5:17 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Has anyone watched the other versions of Project Runway in other countries? Feel free to discuss the shows/hosts/judges/contestants as well as differences/similarities with the American version here!

I want to watch Project Runway Middle East.  Has anyone figured out how to watch it with subtitles?  I have watched PR Canada, Singapore, UK (Catwalk) and the South African one.  Is there another one from the UK because I don't remember Jasper being a winner.  It was Kirstie in S1 and then Wayne in S2.  Which show did Jasper, who represents the UK in the International Project Runway All Stars, win?  If there is a show beyond Project Catwalk for the UK then I would like to see it.