Type keyword(s) to search

Matthew

9 minutes ago, Peter647 said:

In the final episode in Season 1, didn't Matthew have a heart attack and died ? So how is he back again in Season 2 ?

You have that mixed up with the Sullivan version of AoGG (link HERE), but in this new Netflix version Matthew keeps on living into season 3, and we do not know what happens next yet.

I am happy that this new revised version of AoGG has Matthew living longer and showing more of his personal history then did the Sullivan version.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Just pulled this up on Netflix - last episode of Season 1.  Matthew recovered from his heart attack in the Netflix version.

I thought that he was also buried

Edited by Peter647
1 minute ago, Peter647 said:

I thought that he was also buried

Nope.  I'm still in the process of reading the original book, so I can't compare events in the book vs the Netflix series.  But he definitely did not die and was not buried so far in the Netflix series.  Gilbert's father died and was buried in Season 2.  Could that be who you were thinking of?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Nope.  I'm still in the process of reading the original book, so I can't compare events in the book vs the Netflix series.  But he definitely did not die and was not buried so far in the Netflix series.  Gilbert's father died and was buried in Season 2.  Could that be who you were thinking of?

Yes, that is a possibility

• Love 1

Gilbert's father died and was buried at the end of season one, not season two.

Matthew had a heart attack in season one, but recovered - this is in line with his story in the original novel, in which I believe he also had an early heart attack brought on by stress but recovered and lived on for a few more years. Book spoiler behind the cut for those that want to know:

Spoiler

Book!Anne comes to the Cuthberts at age 11; Matthew dies when she is 16 and has just finished her studies at Queens - it is the reason she delays going to university for a few years, as she doesn't want to leave Marilla alone. Show!Anne is still only about 14, so Matthew's death shouldn't happen for another couple of years in the show, if they stick with the original story on that.

Meanwhile, both of Gilbert's parents are well and truly alive in the books - the show has changed his story completely!

• Love 3