Type keyword(s) to search

The Nun (2018)

Stenbeck
  • Start Topic

A demonic spirit stalks the cloisters of a secluded abbey in Corin Hardy's horror film starring Demian Bichir and Taissa Farmiga.

I didn't like it as much as The Conjuring or Annabelle 2, it did have one or two decent scares.

Valak's makeup reminded me a lot of the devil from The Exorcist.

• Love 1

We just saw this one tonight. It was more suspense than horror. As stated there were a couple of hair raising moments, but for the most part it was pretty tamed, which honestly is most movies in this series. 

I do like how they always end each movie by jumping forward to tie it to another movie in the series. I hadn’t seen The Conjuring in a while so I didn’t remember what the tomato farmer looked like whom the Warren’s tried to help. I was sorry to see that it was Frenchie. I liked him.

All that said, the timing didn’t seem to add up between Frencie’s possession and the Warrens participating in his exorcism. He became possessed in the early 50s. So unless the Warrens were doing the paranormal thing as teens or the demon possessing Frenchie prevented him from aging, the timing doesn’t add up for them meeting during the exorcism and all being basically the same age. 

Additional, how did Frenchie get possessed when after he was choked out by the “Nun” it went after Sister Irene, nearly killing her before being trapped behind the gates that had been resealed?

Though there were a couple of things that didn’t make sense about the movie, I thought it was a pretty good addition to The Conjuring series. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

I expected to be quite scared during this movie so I was a bit let down. Then again, we had a bunch of idiots in the theater who had to constantly be shushed so that kept taking me out of the movie. 

I really liked Frenchie and was sad to see him possessed. During the video of his exorcism, did he survive the exorcism of was he killed? I can't recall what happened in that scene during The Conjuring.