Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: The Code

• Start Topic

Stupid episode - stupid show.

None of this makes sense. So we have a dude in a wheelchair (which, hey, I am all for diversity in casting - actually a good idea), but he's paired with a trucker chick. We saw the chair attached to the side of the truck a good few feet behind the passenger door in one of the drive by shots. At the end he's one that re-supplies a box at a marker. Alone. So he's managing to get the chair off the side of the truck, set it up and jump into it without any help? Why else would he be alone in the shot? The logistics of him getting in and out of the truck seem terribly inconvenient for the ZA. He's not a bad character, he's just introduced in a terrible set of circumstances that don't make any sense. He'd worked better in Alexandria or in the Walking Dead set-up, I think.

Also - Being stuck on a car for half a day for someone that's a seasoned Zombie masher seems odd. Kick their heads, it's easy enough to shove sticks in there, I'd think a good kick would do the trick, too. The show is just inconsistent in the way they set up the world, which is aggravating. Also - a lot of the zombie encounters seem purely set up for visuals (Zombie in a tree anyone?)  Like, it works in a comic book setting, but totally doesn't in a show, I think.

• Love 1
On 8/26/2018 at 10:32 PM, nodorothyparker said:

That was definitely one of the more out there episodes they've done, to the point that had it turned out to be a Wizard of Oz style dream it really wouldn't have surprised me much.  But it was oddly entertaining enough that I'm willing to roll with it and see where the wierdness goes, even if I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see Morgan righteously beat any of the three stooges' asses with that road sign.

Thank you!  I am just now starting to catch up on the FTWD backlog in my DVR, and having just watched this episode, I twigged to it being an Oz pastiche as soon as we met beer-guy in the field (with a burlap sack over his head, and his arms restrained). Which I guess makes wheelchair-guy the Tin Man, and Morgan himself both Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion?  With the grey-greenish Wicked Witch showing up at the end.  I am *shocked* that you're the first other person I've found online who made the connection.

I was *positive* that it was all a dream Morgan was having in the truck, so I didn't mind as things got steadily sillier.  I thought that he would work out his issues, realize "there's no place like home," and go back to (one set or another of) his friends.

Which he sort of did... except that he wasn't dreaming?!? 

But you know what?  I kind of admire this sort of unabashed weirdness in a major franchise, so I'm going to give the rest of the season a shot.