Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: When the Saints Go Marching In 2018.08.01

As far as I'm concerned, last season's finale was the series finale. That way, Elijah, Josh, and Haley would all still be alive. Did not like this ending at all. I'm really upset with the way the characters were treated in this episode and the season as a whole. Instead of going out with a bang, it limped away in anti-climatic defeat. The only good thing about is that the show did coax some waterworks out of me and made me feel. Blah. Whatever. Moving on.

• Love 3

Ok. Not sure why I can't let go but I had more thoughts. Not even sure if people are still gonna wanna talk about this much longer!  

When Rebekah tries to get Kol to come back she's says something like "Klaus is finally doing something selfless...". Didn't he suffer locked up for years with papas magical mystical pain blade in his chest just so his family could be linked to him and stay alive while Hayley looked for a cure to all their ills?  Although I don't recall how they fixed Rebekah's curse now that I think about it. I mean didn't he already do a selfless act for his family? why is she acting like it's new? Did Julie forget her own storyline? 

And seriouslly is there something wrong with Plec that she thinks the perfect ending to two of her shows is brothers being dead together?  Does she not understand if you are watching a vampire show you may have a weird fascination with  immortality and don't necessarily want your main characters dead at the end? That you might be ok with the thought of the characters still out there living their immortal life and having adventures/wreaking minor havoc?  (Speaking for myself of course. Says a former highlander fan. Guess I do have a fascination with hot guys who live forever.)

• Love 3

I may have to watch the finale again but I was not impressed with how things were wrapped up, very similar with  how I felt after TVD's finale. As always it was nice to see Kol again, also glad that Vincent made it out alive, but Elijah choosing to go out with Klaus felt like a cop out.

I'm still wavering on whether to watch the spinoff featuring Hope or not.