Type keyword(s) to search

Media Thread: La Vida Pública

Article in Vulture about Emma's love scene in Episode 3.  The Making of Vida’s ‘Radical’ Queer Sex Scene

I found this part of the article particularly cool.

The priority in filming the scene, as with all of the show’s sex scenes, was to avoid any exploitation of the female actors. “Our goal was to represent the female gaze, female liberation, and as a sexual woman myself, I appreciate that very much. I love that we are going against stereotypes, particularly in the Latin community,” director of photography Carmen Cabana said. “Women being tough in sex and actively seeking their own pleasure and satisfying their particular cravings is bold for TV — and wonderful, in my opinion.”

• Love 1

I guess low ratings don't matter to Starz, because they renewed the show! It doesn't hurt that it got excellent reviews, and, as this article points out: "Since its premiere, Vida has grown 171 percent to earn the largest Hispanic audience composition for a premium series this year." That's great, and hopefully the good word-of-mouth will help it get even bigger.

• Love 1
On 6/12/2018 at 11:11 PM, Cranberry said:

I guess low ratings don't matter to Starz, because they renewed the show! It doesn't hurt that it got excellent reviews, and, as this article points out: "Since its premiere, Vida has grown 171 percent to earn the largest Hispanic audience composition for a premium series this year." That's great, and hopefully the good word-of-mouth will help it get even bigger.

If you’re in Starz you’re usually guaranteed at least 2 seasonsand used to be ended at 3 but they’ve gotten better at letting shows go on for longer...minus Blunt Talk...