Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 speculation

The answer is... 42.

No, but really, I think we'll get a Season 12 with Mulder and the new baby, William (I think he was actually fantastic this episode, and would pull in a younger audience if he was more regularly featured), and I think they'll convince Gillian to do a few guest spots here and there. 

Edited by Italian Ice

My guess Mulder comes back and has moved away from Scully after a violent breakup due to her being pregnant. He wants abortion because he feels the "baby" is purity trying to create a anti-William. Scully disagrees and they split. We find Mulder on the west coast, retired from the FBI, mostly boozing and depressed. Then something happens to shake, reboost his faith and he goes around the world looking for paranormal. Exciting times indeed..........

18 hours ago, Folk said:

My guess Mulder comes back and has moved away from Scully after a violent breakup due to her being pregnant. He wants abortion because he feels the "baby" is purity trying to create a anti-William. Scully disagrees and they split. We find Mulder on the west coast, retired from the FBI, mostly boozing and depressed. Then something happens to shake, reboost his faith and he goes around the world looking for paranormal. Exciting times indeed..........

I think that as much as it sucks, the abortion storyline is one that actually makes sense given the circumstances and the character, and one which they haven't explored. For all the moaning about Scully not having body autonomy, this would be the one time she *would* have that. She seemed way less than thrilled about the pregnancy, and so did Mulder. Probably because she knows how and why William and Emily were conceived, fears she was violated once again, and watched two of her children die violent, horrible deaths. Does she dare try a 3rd time, or not? 

Edited by Italian Ice
2 hours ago, Italian Ice said:

I think that as much as it sucks, the abortion storyline is one that actually makes sense given the circumstances and the character, and one which they haven't explored. For all the moaning about Scully not having body autonomy, this would be the one time she *would* have that. She seemed way less than thrilled about the pregnancy, and so did Mulder. Probably because she knows how and why William and Emily were conceived, fears she was violated once again, and watched two of her children die violent, horrible deaths. Does she dare try a 3rd time, or not? 

I'd hate that. And I'd hate her dying after having the kid (the whole St. Rachel's hotel foreshadowing).

Honestly though, I don't EVER want a season 12. I just want the show to stay dead.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I'd hate that. And I'd hate her dying after having the kid (the whole St. Rachel's hotel foreshadowing).

Honestly though, I don't EVER want a season 12. I just want the show to stay dead.

I agree with all of this. But I wonder if CC didn’t set up the St Rachel thing as a way to continue The X-Files Scully-free. Ugh, I hope not, though. 

4 hours ago, Italian Ice said:

Yeah, but it's the storyline that made sense with William, too, and they never so much as hinted at it, so I doubt they'd go that route this time, either, if the show continued.  Abortion continues to be network TV's third rail (not that it's presented much more realistically on cable), which pisses me off something fierce.

4 hours ago, Batgirl said:

I agree with all of this. But I wonder if CC didn’t set up the St Rachel thing as a way to continue The X-Files Scully-free. Ugh, I hope not, though. 

I wonder as well. It makes me sick. I can possibly see why she was no fan of it. It makes me SO angry that this show has been destroyed so thoroughly by a petulant show runner. It also makes me sad. All that has come before has been wrecked. 

8 hours ago, Italian Ice said:

Maybe. And I could see it happening. But damn... all of us got screwed over. We as fans lost William as well. So now no one gets a happy ending.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 2