Type keyword(s) to search

S.14.E08: Battles Part 2

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

The Voice absolutely loves to montage contestants of East Asian descent.

Sad but true. Assuming that she must have been good to be paired with Johnny Bliss, unless it really was a case of cannon fodder and that was the reason why it was montaged.

Other than that, I did agree with all the picks...... although:

- I doubt Jorge will make it far

- I hope Reid will be coached into having a warmer stage presence. Although his tone is beautiful, he just seems so aloof and distant.

- I liked Kelsea’s raspy tone, but wondered how much of that was from her almost losing her voice and what that means in the coming weeks

Glad Jordyn was kept, it was cute to see her reaction to Shawn Mendes. Also appreciated her pointing out the value of Alicia’s coaching on top of all the schooling she’s had.

• Love 3

Almost no comments a full 24 hours later?  This episode wasn't that bad.  In fact, I thought all three battles were acceptably good, even if not outstanding.  They were also very evenly matched.  I honestly couldn't decide who I would have picked as a winner for any of them.   I will say though that Kelsea sounded fantastic in her first rehearsal.  She was one of my favorites from the blinds and I hope she can get her voice back in time for the knockouts.

(edited)

Belated, quick thoughts.

Alicia really knows how to game this part of the Voice. More often than not, she pairs up incredibly similar sounding singers and gives them a song that is totally in both of their wheelhouses (none of this meeting in the middle or picking something that doesn't really suit either singer like Blake and Adam are willing to do). It is almost always an incredibly showy song...which leads to her artists having the best track record when it comes to being stolen. Even a complete afterthought like Jordyn (who I barely had any recollection of from her blind) manages to standout enough to stay in the competition.

Really sad that Kelsea seems to be fighting her voice this early in the competition. She was definitely in my Top 6 or 7 Blinds...

Decent night for montage'd contestants. Jamellah (albeit in another montage) on Team Kelly and obviously Jordyn managed to survive via the steal. I have no idea what Bransen did to turn off Blake, because Jaron gets added to an extremely small number of Blake non-country contestants who were able to upend a Blake country contestant in a Battle or KO over all the seasons.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

Current team rosters/cheat sheets:

Team Adam
Rayshun LaMarr (defeated Tish Haynes Keys)
Reid Umstattd (defeated Davison)
Jackie Foster (stolen from Team Kelly)
Jordyn Simone (stolen from Team Alicia)

(Still Waiting)
Drew Cole
Mia Boostrom
Angel Bonilla
Stephanie Skipper
Miya Bass
Gary Edwards
Genesis Diaz
Jackie Verna

Team Alicia
Sharane Calister (defeated Jamai)
Christiana Danielle (defeated Shana Halligan)
Johnny Bliss (defeated Megan Lee)*
Kelsea Johnson (defeated Jordyn Simone)

(Still Waiting)
Britton Buchanan
Jaclyn Lovey
Terrence Cunningham
Livia Faith

Team Kelly
Brynn Cartelli (defeated Dylan Hartigan)
D.R. King (defeated Jackie Foster)
Jorge Eduardo (defeated Amber Sauer)
Jamella (defeated Teana Boston)*

Tish Haynes Keys (stolen from Team Adam)

(Still Waiting)
Justin Kilgore
Molly Stevens
Alexa Capelli
Hannah Goebel

Team Blake
Kyla Jade (defeated JessLee)
Jaron Strom (defeated Bransen Ireland)*
Dylan Hartigan (stolen from Team Kelly)

(Still Waiting)
Kaleb Lee
Pryor Baird
Brett Hunter
Austin Giorgio
Spensha Baker
WILKES
Jordan Kirkdorffer
Dallas Caroline

Names in bold indicate an artist who has either newly won his or her Battle and stayed on his or her team, or has lost his or her Battle, but was stolen by another coach.  An asterisk means that this artist's Battle was montaged.