Type keyword(s) to search

Banana Lovers Only

• Start Topic

For the handful of us who like Johnny Bananas and don’t want to read all the snark against him. If you hate the Banana, this thread is not for you. Go to the other thread to find your tribe. You probably will gag at all the love Bananas is getting. So stay out for your own protection. 

This thread is for Johnny Banana fans only. Those who are proud of it and those who secretly love him. There are probably only a handful of us, or maybe only 2. But now we have a space too. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Added more
  • Love 1

If you hate the Banana, this thread is not for you. Go to the other thread to find your tribe.

I may end up being the only person in this thread but I watch the Challenge still because of Bananas. He makes it more interesting to me. I love the pranks, the cockiness, the manipulations, the unadulterated shiteating grin. Give me all of it and give me more. If he’s not in the season, I lose interest fairly quickly and often stop watching episodes entirely. I know most people hate him, but I can’t be the only one person on the planet who does not hate him? Am I?

I think Bananas is a character created to fill the villain role. Johnny is the real guy, and Bananas is the persona he takes on when he does the Challenges. He turned this into a career, and it takes an intelligent person to carve something out of nothing. 

This is the first Challenge he is single, which is new territory. I don’t think BaNatalie will last longer than either of them is off the show, but it’s fun to watch. 

The pink notes....classic! As soon as they started I suspected it was Bananas! I thought maybe Natalie had written them (at his behest), since it was obvi a girls handwriting, but it turns out he had pre-gamed that! Little pieces of paper causing so much drama. This is the difference between someone who plays the challenge as a career vs someone who plays it for whatever other reason. And it did start some drama in the girls room, so mission accomplished. Anything to throw off the other competitors makes your game better. All is fair in love, war, and Challenges, right? 

Devin is working hard to be Bananas nemesis, but for some reason, he never manages to achieve his goal. I think it’s because Devin is not a good leader. Johnny is a leader, and people naturally follow him like sheep. He knows how to set things up and make you think you came up with it. He also knows how to take the spotlight off himself and shine it on others. He has narrowly escaped many eliminations by doing that. 

Take for instance the last Troika in S31E7,  he nominated the troika before anyone else said a word. He analyzed the situation, and immediately took control, subbing Nicole for himself knowing that with Tony in the troika, he would be safe no matter what. And even though he wasn’t in the deliberation room, I’m sure he held a lot of sway as to who and what names were selected. 

• Love 1

I thought I was the only one who thought the note thing was hilarious! It just shows that even though everyone is sick of Bananas, he deserves to still be here all these years later because he knows how to play the game. It's amazing that he predicted the perfect note that would work for Britney!! I've got no problem with him hijacking the game every year. It's everyone else's stupid fault for knowing exactly who they're dealing with, and letting him do it anyway.

With all the turnaround and newbies from other shows, it's nice to see a few old faces and I think the day Johnny doesn't return, is probably the day I stop watching.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rho said:

I thought I was the only one who thought the note thing was hilarious! It just shows that even though everyone is sick of Bananas, he deserves to still be here all these years later because he knows how to play the game. It's amazing that he predicted the perfect note that would work for Britney!! I've got no problem with him hijacking the game every year. It's everyone else's stupid fault for knowing exactly who they're dealing with, and letting him do it anyway.

With all the turnaround and newbies from other shows, it's nice to see a few old faces and I think the day Johnny doesn't return, is probably the day I stop watching.

I found my one other person!

I have no issues with him hijacking either, actually, if the others are too stupid to realize his tricks, then they deserve to get played. And I like that he levels up his political game each year. Some people are even in alliances with him and don’t even realize it. That’s how good he is. 

Oh wow, this last episode was gnarly. I can’t believe Devin’s plan worked...it was so long and convoluted, like a domino effect. And how he described his win afterwards...gave me serious Wes vibes. 

Anyway, onto Johnny Bananas losing the elimination. It looked like it was super close, but Devin was out-thinking Johnny who was rattled by the Natalie/Kayleigh mess. I’m still stunned this plan worked. 

What do you think of Jemmye’s intuitive prediction that Bananas won’t win another finale because of what he did to Sarah. Sarah isn’t even on the show anymore,. 

I must confess I probably may not watch the rest of the season. I usually stop once/if  Bananas gets eliminated, and there are not enough interesting people or storylines to keep me interested. And Devins smug face and pompous smirks are another huge burden. 

I don't love the Banana, but I have to admit having his sister write those notes did throw a lot of people off, so that was sort of clever. Also love that notes like that can be written before anything has even happened and yet it will still be relevant somehow.

• Love 1