Type keyword(s) to search

The Soviet Union is No More: Casting News, Story Arc Info

Before tonight, here is another article with three interesting questions:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/5/29/17392150/the-americans-fx-final-season-series-finale-review-philip-elizabeth

And, well, I won’t spoil whether that happens or not in the series finale (which I’ve seen and loved). But I will say that what I should have been paying attention to in that day on set wasn’t my assumptions of where the show was going — all final blazes of glory and explosions and dark horrors — but rather where the show had always been.

The Americans has constructed a remarkable final season not by trying to become something other than itself. Instead, it has refocused on the three questions that made it so good in the first place, questions ably expressed by the scenes I saw being filmed: What is your home? Who is your family? And what do they matter?

These questions may be more important for Stan as the story concludes. He will have choices. P&E...not so much.

9 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Before tonight, here is another article with three interesting questions:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/5/29/17392150/the-americans-fx-final-season-series-finale-review-philip-elizabeth

These questions may be more important for Stan as the story concludes. He will have choices. P&E...not so much.

I enjoyed that piece and I do wonder how things end if we just focus, as the writer said, on what we have always seen. How could that happen if the characters are dead or in prison.  The only way to focus on what has always been the center of the show is for the family to survive and at least one of them keep spying.  

• Love 1

Comment from Matthew about his reaction to Americans ending below" 

In this interview, when Matthew is asked if he is satisfied with the ending of The Americans, he says that he doesn't understand it!!  WTH?  I haven't heard that before.  Odd.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Comment from Matthew about his reaction to Americans ending below" 

In this interview, when Matthew is asked if he is satisfied with the ending of The Americans, he says that he doesn't understand it!!  WTH?  I haven't heard that before.  Odd.

I think he's just being silly. He's deflecting away from having to talk about the actual ending.

• Love 1