Type keyword(s) to search

TBS: The House That Ted Turner (And The Andy Griffith Show) Once Built

UYI
  • Start Topic

The very first superstation. The former long time home of the Atlanta Braves and National Geographic Explorer. Infamous practitioner of Turner Time (all of those :05 and :35 start times) for around twenty five years, as well as perhaps the even more infamous practice of colorizing classic B&W movies (which stars like James Stewart and Katharine Hepburn ultimately brought to Congress--and THEY WON!). The birth place of Captain Planet. Frequent runner of Gone with the Wind (and eventually A Christmas Story). And a network originally built on being a national outlet for reruns of The Andy Griffith Show. As Ted Turner himself once said: "Without Andy, I would be nothing."

• Love 1

TBS has been killing it lately.  American Dad has been pretty decent, The Detour is hilarious and Search Party was a incredibly dark comedy (didn't watch Wrecked).  I just watched Final Space, TBS's new original animated show (I watched the first and second episodes via the app) and it was pretty decent.  I'm curious to see where they go with the show so I'm in for now.  Also really can't wait for them to start showing Close Enough.  That show looks amazing.