Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E13: An All-American Murder (Aaron Hernandez)

• Start Topic

It's hard to keep up with his story.  How many people did he actually shoot and how many did he kill?  I only heard them talking about his case on the Wendy Williams show that supposedly he killed someone then later killed himself because he feared he would be outed as gay or a bisexual.  

1 hour ago, Tenarife60 said:

It's hard to keep up with his story.  How many people did he actually shoot and how many did he kill?  I only heard them talking about his case on the Wendy Williams show that supposedly he killed someone then later killed himself because he feared he would be outed as gay or a bisexual.  

He was only convicted of the murder of one person, acquitted in the murder of two others, suspected in the shooting of another two people and sued in civil court by another person who said he shot him. 

No one knows the reason he killed himself though he may have been gay or bisexual he also had a severe case of CTE and was serving a life sentence.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

So much of his story they left out from what I've heard on talk shows and read in Newsweek and other articles.  He supposedly left a letter for his long time boyfriend that he wrote right before he committed suicide, and he also left most of his money to the boyfriend while his wife and daughter got less $$$.

Some believe that he killed Odin Floyd because he knew he was bisexual and he feared Odin would tell people, especially his wife.  He was supposed to be getting out of jail I think, that's why his wife and others were so surprised he killed himself.  

3 hours ago, Tenarife60 said:

He was supposed to be getting out of jail I think, that's why his wife and others were so surprised he killed himself.  

He was not supposed to get out of jail, he was serving life in prison. He killed himself a few days after he was acquitted of two other murders but that had nothing to do with his life sentence.

There is a dispute over whether or not the third letter was to his prison boyfriend (who was not a long term boyfriend because they met in prison) or not and he didn't  leave any money in his estate to him. Not that his estate has any money even if they successfully sue the NFL for his CTE there are several lawsuits pending against his estate.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

I have always found the Aaron Hernandez story so fascinating and will definitely be buying Patterson's book. This is one of those that could have been two hours instead of one. Such an epic tragedy and waste of a life.

I have a son, and luckily he never wanted to play football. I would have a hard time letting him play knowing what we know now about CTE. Is there anyone here with younger kids in football who knows if they're addressing this issue at all? I'm sure all the lawsuits will make a difference. Money talks.

Edited by tobeannounced
15 hours ago, Tenarife60 said:

It was hard for me to follow, too.  

Were they blaming the murders on his head injuries?  I could not follow.   If so, not buying it.  

Yes, his father’s death had a profound influence on the trajectory of his life.   But what a waste.   This whole story is a tragedy. 

And if I never see that scumbag Jose Baez on my TV screen ever again, it will be too soon. 

3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

And if I never see that scumbag Jose Baez on my TV screen ever again, it will be too soon. 

Could not agree more with you.

I do not attribute his success with knowledge.  To me he seems to be one of these idiots who falls ass-backwards into good luck.