Type keyword(s) to search

Molto Mario Batali

(edited)

Mario's perversity: the gift that keeps on giving. So many people had to have known about this for so long before it brought down his empire. It makes me furious and sad that he got away with it for so long.

https://ny.eater.com/2018/5/30/17407834/mario-batali-misconduct-fans-photos

That Eater piece is very thorough and includes some pictures and some accounts that were contemporaneously corroborated. It's pretty horrifying. It also sounds like Mario may be an alcoholic.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Mario's perversity: the gift that keeps on giving. So many people had to have known about this for so long before it brought down his empire. It makes me furious and sad that he got away with it for so long.

https://ny.eater.com/2018/5/30/17407834/mario-batali-misconduct-fans-photos

That Eater piece is very thorough and includes some pictures and some accounts that were contemporaneously corroborated. It's pretty horrifying. It also sounds like Mario may be an alcoholic.

Ugh, to think that I used to admire this guy. In the earlier days of food Network, I used to watch Molto Mario, along with Ina Garten and Giada. I really only have admiration for only one now. Guess who?

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, break21 said:

Used to work in law.   They will subpoena everyone with the show to figure out what they knew.

I'm glad you stated that, because I was kind of thinking that's what would be happening at some point (if it hadn't happened already), but I don't know how these investigations work so I thought I might be completely off base.

I'm guessing that everyone who regularly/frequently worked with/interacted with Mario in front of and behind the camera on The Chew, between 2011 and 2017, will have to be questioned about Mario at some point.

And now we know (according to the article that jcbrown linked above) that Mario's antics allegedly continued to take place as recently as fall 2017 -- so it's not like he stopped this behavior 10 years ago or something and changed his ways.  He supposedly continued on until as recently as October (not long before he was gone from The Chew). 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1