Type keyword(s) to search

Anyone else think they select pathetic people?

I’m not trying to troll here but I literally just registered a account to open up a discussion about the candidates on this show. These shelters are beyond terrible. I have a decent background in construction, not an expert by any means but I feel like (with a machete), I could create a shelter way beyond anyone on this show. Obviously they need drama and always show stuff collapsing but come on people. You have vine and other twine like material, bamboo in some cases or at least pine, oak, willow etc. Build four walls and a roof like a normal person and raise it off the ground and call it a day. They act like they have 3 hours of sunlight and they can only choose to build a fire, fish, or build a shelter per day. if you have 12 hours of sunlight or more, why the hell are you sitting on your ass complaining? Must be some conservation restrictions on the wildlife and destruction of trees. I would be setting up damn near air tight walls and huge fish traps. Give me a fire starter and a hatchet/machete and I’ll do 40 alone.  Unreal, this show must be bunk.

Not all of the contestants have amazing survival skills but I do think the conditions are pretty tough and it's gotta be much easier said than done .. I also think doing this challenge pre obsession with cellphones/social media/ technology must be easier because even though they don't say it on tv , I'm sure a few of the contestants have tapped out because they miss that aspect of their lives and develop less patience bebause of the society we live in where things are so easy to get . 

• Love 1

How much more time do the contestants spend away from their families, jobs, lives, etc. beyond the challenge itself?

There have been a bunch of contestants who have said they’re doing it for their kids, many who always seem to be little.  I question the wisdom of leaving young children for a few weeks to do this type of challenge but to each his own. 

So pathetic?  I’m not sure but the producers obviously want to have a show to draw in the viewers and personality wise if the best person suited for the challenge isn’t that interesting I’ll bet he/she could be passed over for the marginally qualified person because they bring more drama.