Type keyword(s) to search

I Am Frankie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So, who else has been watching this? This show actually surprised me. I checked it out out of curiosity, and it's certainly not your average children's sitcom that you expect from Nickelodeon's live-action shows. I hope it gets a second season.

Edited by Lili

It was better than I expected. My least favorite parts were the scenes at EGG. I would have preferred if they kept Kingston and the rest of the bad guys off screen for most episodes and only have them show up occasionally when they almost catch Frankie.

On 10/22/2017 at 0:58 AM, paulvdb said:

It was better than I expected. My least favorite parts were the scenes at EGG. I would have preferred if they kept Kingston and the rest of the bad guys off screen for most episodes and only have them show up occasionally when they almost catch Frankie.

It makes me wonder if there would actually be an episode where Mr. Kingston actually comes into contact with Frankie, but fail to catch her.

On 1/20/2018 at 4:20 AM, paulvdb said:

I had overlooked the news at the time, but just found this article that mentions that I Am Frankie was renewed for a second season.

Yeah, I've known about this for a while. I'm thinking maybe we'll see the second season around June or so. Until then, I may watch the first season again.

Nickelodeon to Premiere Season Two of "I Am Frankie," on Monday, Sept. 10, at 8:00 P.M. (ET/PT)

So apparently tonight is not the season premiere but a special:

Ahead of its season two debut, Nickelodeon will air a one-hour I Am Frankie special on Saturday, Aug. 11 at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT), where Frankie goes head-to-head with Eliza, another android who has been out on her own and wreaking havoc on the world, in the ultimate android showdown.

In season 1, Frankie was original and different. In season 2 it seemed like everyone was an android. Too many androids. 

And after the problems they had with Sigourney's "trusted" friend James Peters in season 1, why would Sigourney just blindly trust another friend while she's not even on the earth?

On 11/27/2018 at 12:11 AM, Aryanna said:

In season 1, Frankie was original and different. In season 2 it seemed like everyone was an android. Too many androids. 

And after the problems they had with Sigourney's "trusted" friend James Peters in season 1, why would Sigourney just blindly trust another friend while she's not even on the earth?

Not really. Frankie, Andrew, Simone and Beto are the only androids on the show. I don't mind a few more androids.

Sigourney was friends with Cynthia since high school, and Cynthia promised that she could trust her, so I can see why Sigouney did. Unfortunately, it was found out the hard way that Cynthia had at some point turned evil.

8 hours ago, Lili said:

Not really. Frankie, Andrew, Simone and Beto are the only androids on the show. I don't mind a few more androids.

Sigourney was friends with Cynthia since high school, and Cynthia promised that she could trust her, so I can see why Sigouney did. Unfortunately, it was found out the hard way that Cynthia had at some point turned evil.

That, to me, is a lot of androids.

Sigourney also said she could trust James Peters in season 1 and we see where that got her. With all the problems and the danger that Frankie has been in since her creation, I just thought it was naive of her to trust Cynthia enough that she left the planet considering what had transpired before.

I wonder if Frankie and her friends use Android phones.

Edited by Aryanna

Still, I don't mind four androids. Well, technically, there's five, if we're counting Eliza. If there's a Season 3 though, I wouldn't add anymore.

Which, I do hope there will be a Season 3.

I just hope in season 3 that they dial back some of the whole bad government agencies/danger/androids taking over the world thing. I'm more interested in how the androids interact with people at school.