Type keyword(s) to search

Nobody Walks in LA: Locations and Other Los Angeles/California References

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

I swear, I'm not one of those people who stalks shooting locations! Despite that, I thought it would be fun to have a place to talk about the places that they have shot on location and other places that have been mentioned on the show (yeah, I probably should have thought to start this thread at the beginning of S1 instead of the end of S2, but I guess now we have some motivation to rewatch during the hiatus!).

I just watched S2.E7 and there are two places from this episode:

Más Malo - where Derek's birthday party was held
Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Mirrored Room at The Broad - this has been popular since it opened in 2015 (it's finally closing on September 30, so go now if you want to see it!). You only get 45 seconds inside the room aka you have 45 seconds to take the obligatory Instagram photo and it still sells out every day. Yayoi Kusama's new exhibit opens on October 21 and it's similar in theory (more infinity mirrors) but not the same as the Infinity Mirrored Rom.

(edited)
21 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I love that you identify all these places.  The next time I visit LA, I'm planning to do a food tour using these posts.

I think I've been to jamz creamery.  It was great, but I love ice cream so I'm an easy sell. 

It's hard to go wrong though.  Rent in LA is so high that, IMO, places serving crappy food can't survive.

I like to call it "survival of the tastiest"

There are a few places that are way more hype than they are worth, I specifically think pinks is awful, and I recently went to konbi and was way underwhelmed.  

I'll catch flack, but personally, for me, I think Porto's is overrated.  People rave over it but I've never had anything from there that I thought was spectacular.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
On 5/11/2020 at 12:14 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I love that you identify all these places.  The next time I visit LA, I'm planning to do a food tour using these posts.

Glad it's helpful! I really appreciate that the show went out of their way to include real businesses instead of making up random names for all the signs and trucks. It was cool to see the vendors wearing shirts with the names of their businesses and the food places with their real menus on display.

• Love 1