Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Widow

attica

It's surprisingly hard for the internet to agree on what the content is for these episodes, I don't know why. Anyways.

From TVMaze: 

In a crime that terrified a community, Kelly and Tonya Rider investigate the tragic stabbing death of an elderly woman in her own home just one week after she buried her husband.

Interesting that the cell phone tracking left them exactly where they were before. Thanks, technology!  Also, kids, here's a pro tip: avoid men whose half-dozen ex-wives hate his guts. They're not crazy, and he's not misunderstood, regardless of what he says. He may not have murdered his mom, but he's no flipping prize.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure the gardener did it. Can't remember his name. I was wondering why there weren't any fingerprints on the ginormous ceramic pig that was used to bash in Miss Cora's head. I can see wiping off the handle of the knife but there has to be something on that pig. Unless he came over wearing gloves, and that should have raised Miss Cora's suspicions. Did she turn to walk into the kitchen and he quickly pulled on gloves, pick up the pig and bonk her? That takes too much time. I hope they are able to come up with something to arrest him. Loved his side piece Tressy- "I ain't paying rent for him and his girlfriend so they don't get evicted!"

• Love 2

I never thought the son was a legit suspect. And his interview confirmed that.

But the guy Terrance, his motive made all sorts of sense. He needed money and she was keeping him from getting it. And him admitting the felony with the cards makes it far more likely he killed her. 

It will be interesting to see if they get an indictment.  If they do I bet Terrance tries to get a deal, because even if its a weak case, potential jurors are going to see a little old lady not wanting to be robbed by a neighbor and want to convict despite the lack of forensics.

• Love 1