Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: The "Perfect" Scientology Family

• Start Topic

On 8/30/2017 at 6:50 AM, 2727 said:

The misspellings in the suicide note were especially odd because of Scientology's insistence on looking up word definitions for hours at a time. People who attended Scientology schools usually have quite an extensive vocabulary (although not necessarily grammar).

Hi I know I’m late to the party, but this is Liz Gale. My brother did know how to spell lol, I promise. He wrote in a shortened way (like texting now) because he was kind of anti-establishment. The heavy focus on clearing every word and on perfect literacy (which he did have he scored very high on his SATs and did get accepted to MIT at 15) turned him to writing shorthand. He liked to mess with the people around him, no doubt it bothered the hell out of his handlers that he refused to follow the rules. Writing like that was a way of rebelling. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic