Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two Anticipation: Dig Your Nails In!

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

I anticipate Reva actually being a mentor to Desna. That woman clearly does not like men, specifically, she doesn't like how they wield power.  I hope they get into her back story a bit more so we understand where that comes from. She's from Russia so considering the history of that government it's not that I'm surprised that she feels that way, I just want to know her specific circumstances.

I also want to know if Desna's Dr. actually has a medical degree. Does he really care about the suffering in his country like he told Desna and decided that he could help them more by the millions he could bring in by selling drugs instead of providing medical services? Hell, is he using some of that money to build a hospital in Haiti? I want to know if there is some truth to any of his story. I also want to know if he actually knew who Desna was. I can't see how knowing her and getting her into bed would be of any help to his business since the Haitian, Dixie Mafia and all the other mafia families in Florida have an understanding. I mean based on his operation, he wouldn't need her to get at anything the Dixie Mafia had going on. The Dixie Mafia is running a chop shop compared to what the Dr. is running.

I also would like more background on how and where Desna met Polly and Ann. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1

I hope we get more of the salon that has nothing to do with the mob. I know supposedly  the show had to add the mob more to get it on the air but now it's on. More of the clients. Maybe someone brings a bunch of  kids in for a birthday. Two women that used to come in together and now hate each other but still come at the same time and its awkward and shady. There's lots that can be done. 

More than anything I just want Virginia's baby to be anyone elses but Dean's. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I hope we get more of the salon that has nothing to do with the mob.

Then it would be a sitcom, this show isn't a sitcom.  Claws is a female-centric neo-noir crime dramedy.  If the finale is any indication, season 2 is going to feature the Dixie Mafia, the Russians and the Haitians. That is a lotta mobsters!

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Then it would be a sitcom, this show isn't a sitcom.  Claws is a female-centric neo-noir crime dramedy.  If the finale is any indication, season 2 is going to feature the Dixie Mafia, the Russians and the Haitians. That is a lotta mobsters!

Exactly, I've seen producer Rashida Jones say flat out that this show is about these women taking power, trying to rise up the power ladder and Desna is the bad ass women leading that rise. So there is going to be lot more where this seasons mobsters came from, next season. I'm looking forward to it. 

What I'm not looking forward to is Virginia's pregnancy, at all. I resent her pushing her way into Desna's life. I think that's my issue, it's how she did it, through disloyalty and the utmost disrespect.  Yet she's hugging and crying all over Desna when she gets her ass into stupid trouble. She was fucking Desna's Mr. Fix-it man, that's what Niecy Nash called Roller. And she was doing it first and foremost to stick it to Desna and disrespect her because she felt entitled to have a particular position in her crew. A position that she in no way earned with good intentions and loyalty at the time. Then she went and started fucking with her brother, that girl annoys me and I hope they mature her more next season so I can look at her less negatively. Because her shitty behaving ass is now unfortunately blood connected to Desna with this baby and that's the worst part of that finale for me.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4

You can have client based things now and then without it being a sitcom.  I worry Uncle Daddy and the guys can eventually take over too much even though they brought Reva in the story as a female boss. Handling day to day salon business even if the situations are lighter since it is a nail salon so I don't know how much heavy drama can come from the clients  doesn't make these women less powerful. It makes them women with day jobs who are also in bad situations while trying to get what they want out of life. 

Edited by Gigi43

What I like about this show is the impression that they can do anything storywise and bring on many different types of characters. For me, whether it's anticipation, or simply what I would like to see, I post the following: As cliche as it is, give Roller a temporary long-lost twin. I was so impressed with Roller's suave/swag appearance (that one episode with the crazy lady where he's tied up and is dressed in a suit). I thought he looked so suave and cleaned up that it gave me the idea of a sleazy, yet educated, slightly refined, and well-dressed version of Jack Kesy playing Roller's twin. He can be a sleazy mob lawyer. I also want actual stories for Polly and Ann. Polly has a prison background, so there has to be something they can pull up for her using that aspect. Ann can certainly be more than a character who turns out women. I want to see the biological father of Jenn's biracial child appear. He's in jail/prison from what I understand. Jenn, Polly, and Ann can pull together to bust him out and then keep him in hiding. He can ultimately become involved in all the mob shenanigans that we know are coming. As for Virginia, let her actually give birth to Dean's child and have the child be kidnapped somewhere within the mob stuff. They both team up and go up against mob forces to rescue their child. Desna marries the Haitian crime lord and becomes a mob wife. It's up to Roller and Desna's girls to take the crime lord down and win back his girl. This is enough material to cover two seasons, actually.

Edited by Syndicate