Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: In the Teeth

Spencer encounters resistance to his Las Vegas expansion initiative in Los Angeles and Oakland. Meanwhile, Charles feels slighted by Larry for not getting credit after he landed a coveted lineman; Joe takes a detour with Reggie; Jason rebukes Kisan for his lack of transparency; and Ricky jumps to conclusions.

Come on, Spencer, you had to know that Joe meeting the weed guy with Reggie was only ever going to end with him getting high.  You have no one to blame but yourself, at this point.

I have no clue about the interworking of football, so I'm not quite sure why everyone is up in arms about a football team going to Vegas, but I guess this what it realistically look like if someone did try to do it.

You know Ricky is massively fucking shit up, when Dennis of all people actually makes sense.  Of course, maybe Ricky would have had a better handle on things if Dennis hadn't been such a sucky father to begin with...

For your sake, Jason, you probably should just go ahead and run in the opposite direction.

I like Charles, but he really is out of his element opposite of Siefert. 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

Vegas connection to gambling has been what has held back all major sports leagues from having a team there. 

Until recently.  The Raiders are into moving there, so this storyline just seems behind the times. 

Spencer still seems just too confrontational and lacks the social finesse to be a successful businessman.  You can't go cussing out friends over things like this. 

• Love 2

It's the gambling for the most part, but, as Candice Brewer mentioned, it's the whole shebang, "sex, drugs, and rock n roll"... that worries the league, not just the gambling. Also, Spencer's venture is only "behind" because it's happening after the Raiders have already moved to Vegas, they're just playing into that story by having Spencer trying to get Vegas a team. I actually like it. 

What did everybody else take from Spencer's meeting with Candice? Just a scare tactic or more to it?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SpecialKCF said:

It's the gambling for the most part, but, as Candice Brewer mentioned, it's the whole shebang, "sex, drugs, and rock n roll"... that worries the league, not just the gambling. Also, Spencer's venture is only "behind" because it's happening after the Raiders have already moved to Vegas, they're just playing into that story by having Spencer trying to get Vegas a team. I actually like it. 

What did everybody else take from Spencer's meeting with Candice? Just a scare tactic or more to it?

Well.......yes, that is the reason its behind, that's the very definition of it being behind, its already happened.  They just pretty much stole the storyline of what has already happened, which kind of ruins the story for me.

Sex and drugs you get in any city, not just vegas.  Its mostly the gambling connection

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Spencer still seems just too confrontational and lacks the social finesse to be a successful businessman. You can't go cussing out friends over things like this.

This.

Spencer can be charming when he wants to - normally to get into someone's drawers.  But he hasn't made the transition from the field to the boardroom.  Didn't he get into a fight on T.V. in Season 2?

• Love 1