Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01 Visual Aids: GLOW's First Visual Aids Are Like A Punch To The...Well.....

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

Ruth is obviously a horrible friend, but I'm not sure Debbie is so great either. The speech she gave Ruth encouraging her to quit acting and be a housewife made me want to punch her. First, it's obnoxious to tell your friend she's doing everything wrong and she should try to be more like you, especially since Debbie has had more success in both her professional and personal lives (as far as she knows), and is managing to both belittle Ruth's dream by calling it unfulfilling, and rub it in Ruth's face that she doesn't exactly have any marriage, baby, or career prospects at the moment. And second, women who are truly fulfilled by marriage and motherhood don't feel the need to convince anyone else of that. Debbie is lonely and wants company, so she's going for the hard sell.

This was fun! Music is great, like Girlboss, Ruth is a terrible person, but I really like her! That's the way to do an antihero! Don't sleep with your best friends husband, unless it might get you a job!