Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Wolf's Breath, Dragon Fire

3 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I think that we're supposed to believe they're evil.  MK said so (and I think Bajie did as well).  So although I may think that helping those with The Gift learn to harness and use it, and that it's a Good Thing to remove it from those who can't or won't harness it, the narrative says otherwise (unless and until there's another turn-around, like they've done with Minerva).

Whatever we're supposed to believe, Baije clearly has multiple agendas/issues and M.K. is and always has been a fucking moron.  So until I get corroborating evidence, I don't accept either of those two as being reliable.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, johntfs said:

Whatever we're supposed to believe, Baije clearly has multiple agendas/issues and M.K. is and always has been a fucking moron.  So until I get corroborating evidence, I don't accept either of those two as being reliable.

There's the problem: You know and I know that MK is a fucking moron.  But the show doesn't know that.  So the show believes anything the fucking moron believes.

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 1
On 5/21/2017 at 11:11 PM, KaleyFirefly said:

I hated that ending. NO WAY could Quinn have survived, what is it now, THREE run-throughs with a sword? Just...no. And Sunny didn't cut off his head? No.

Yeah...I was saying LOOK AT YOUR BABY LATER....KILL QUINN AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE! And, what do you want to bet that Quinn STILL isn't dead??

But, here's the thing. I got caught up with the show a couple weeks after being late catching up with The Flash. **SPOILER ALERT** In the Flash season finale, Iris dies. Here, Veil dies. What does TV have against strong black women on fantasy shows??

25 minutes ago, Roberto Tomba said:

What does TV have against strong black women on fantasy shows??

You might like to watch "The Expanse" (for Naomi), "Killjoys" (for Dutch) and "Legends of Tomorrow" (for Amaya).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, KaleyFirefly said:

You might like to watch "The Expanse" (for Naomi), "Killjoys" (for Dutch) and "Legends of Tomorrow" (for Amaya).

I forgot that "The Expanse" was back...too many shows to keep up with! Yeah, Naomi is a real badass!

I've heard of the other two shows, but haven't seen them. Time to add them to the queue. Thanks for the tip!

11 hours ago, Roberto Tomba said:

What does TV have against strong black women on fantasy shows??

Black women are scary, donchaknow?

Some other shows with strong black women: Still Star-Crossed (ABC), Wrecked (TBS) -- one of the stars of SSC is now on Wrecked as well; Z Nation (SyFy)

16 hours ago, Roberto Tomba said:

In the Flash season finale, Iris dies

Not actually true, in fact Iris is the one who kills the main bad guy.

5 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Z Nation (SyFy)

Really?  You're going to mention a strong black woman on a Zombie TV show and it isn't Danai Gurira as Michonne from The Walking Dead?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Really?  You're going to mention a strong black woman on a Zombie TV show and it isn't Danai Gurira as Michonne from The Walking Dead?

I was going to mention Danai Gurira as Michonne, but I don't watch The Walking Dead so I don't know what her current status is.  But, yeah, her first appearance set the bar (and high) for strong black women!

1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

I was going to mention Danai Gurira as Michonne, but I don't watch The Walking Dead so I don't know what her current status is.  But, yeah, her first appearance set the bar (and high) for strong black women!

I don't watch it either (I decided early on that if I wanted to see a law enforcement officer shoot the brain-dead, I'd stick with Justified) but as far I know she's still on the show.

• Love 1