Type keyword(s) to search

Familial Relationships: Nature vs Nurture?

Discuss how the different family members relate to each other, how they have become one large family, what you'd like to see more of, etc.

For starters, I do like seeing how Bay and Daphne seem to be getting closer - talking about sex, first times, etc. I would like to see more of that.

I would also like to see more of Regina's mother and a relationship developed with her and Bay.

• Love 1

I would like to see more of Bay & her bio family connecting.   I think it's interesting that neither Toby or Bay are athletic.  Wonder if that was difficult for John since sports was a big part of his life.  Does that make him connect with Daphne more? 

More of all the siblings bonding please :)

Agree that Bay needs more bonding with Regina and Angelo. On Regina's part, I think it's a lingering effect from knowing about the switch and watching Bay from a distance all those years, and the anger and threats she met when it was found out. She's cautious so that she doesn't lose Bay definitively.

Toby is an awesome older brother; he reminds me of my own :)

• Love 1

I think that Toby was a great baseball player as a youth and at the start of high school, but he gave it up. This is what created that rift that he had with his Dad earlier in the show. John resented that Toby gave up baseball and wasted his talent.

Regina has never shown any intimate level of caring with Bay, which is really weird. Regina comes across to Bay like some distant aunt that she barely knows. Angelo and Regina's Mom have shown Bay a lot more warmth than Regina has.

• Love 2
(edited)

The whole nature vs. nature of it all is so interesting to me with this show. Daphne seems to me a combination of her bio parents traits and Regina's while Bay seems much more like Katherine to me. Yeah, she internalizes a lot and is dramatic at times like Regina but I think most of her personality comes from being raised by Katherine. I don't see any of Angelo's traits in her at all. I hope we get to see Bay and Daphne bond with extended members of their bio/adopted families soon (all of the parents can't all be only children) as that call Bay made to Angelo's mother was a great scene.

Edited by t7686
  • Love 1

John's father was a cranky jerk and Katherine's mother was a racist idiot. We don't need to see them again!

You would think there would be some interesting cousins in the family, around the same age as Bay, Toby and Daphne.

Glad that Tank and Campbell are gone. Hope they don't return. Though a return by Bay's Army ex-boyfriend would be interesting.