Type keyword(s) to search

VIctor Frankenstein (2015)

rmontro
  • Start Topic

Just saw this on HBO, well most of it.  I missed the beginning of it, but I feel like I got the gist of it.  I thought this movie was one of the better Frankenstein movies I've seen in recent years (which isn't saying much).  I thought "I, Frankenstein" was horrible, for instance.  

I'm beginning to get a new respect for James McAvoy as an actor, he does a fine job in this as the title character.  Daniel Radcliffe plays a new twist on Igor.  And there's an early experiment of Victor's that is truly repulsive.  I saw that this didn't get good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.  Nothing compares to the Universal originals, but I thought this did a better job than most.

Yeah, I've seen so many bad takes on the Frankenstein story, not sure why anyone would have an issue with this one.  I thought it was one of the better versions I've seen.

3 hours ago, nicepebbles said:

I got thru 10 mins of this. I think it was trying to hard in the beginning like what Guy Ritchie? did with Sherlock Holmes. The acting was fine though. The script not so much. 

Lol, I didn't see the first ten minutes, so maybe I would have given up on it too.  But I came in fairly early, and I enjoyed it well enough.  Maybe because my expectations were very low, I've seen so many bad Frankenstein movies.

9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Caught this in HBO, watched about 40 minutes and gave up. 

I get what they were going for but, it just wasn't working for me.  

I thought it was going to be like Sherlock Holmes with RDJ but....no. It was awful, James MacAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe are talented though. 

5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought it was going to be like Sherlock Holmes with RDJ but....no. It was awful, James MacAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe are talented though. 

I was surprised by Radcliffe, I honestly didn't think he had it in him.