Type keyword(s) to search

Your Firm Favourite

Your Personal Favourite Season   POLL OPEN

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Season 2, remains my favourite season, closely followed by 7 and 3.

4 suffered through the loss of Sam;

1 had Mandy,

3, started off well but ended with a rather flat cliff-hanger;

5 - well, let's move on from 5;

6 - silly start, but soon found its feet. But didn't quite make the cut.

Edited by Only Zola

I just noticed that when I created this post/poll I completely overlooked the option of letting other people post to it! So you could vote but not add comments,(I am still a noob to this site, hence my oversight, d'oh!)

This thread is now open to comments as well as votes :)  (And looking at the voting so far, S2 is streaking ahead! Perhaps we need Joey Lucas to give us a demographic breakdown, lol)

S2 is my favorite TWW season and actually my favorite TV season. Mad Men S4 and The Sopranos S1/Rome S1 are probably in second and tied for third place respectively. 

The rest of the show is ranked 3, 4, 7, 6/1 (tie), and S5 dead last. 

I love the first four seasons, but season two is by far my favorite of those.  WW has one of the strongest first seasons of any show I've ever watched, but there is still some of the "finding our way" awkwardness that makes it less enjoyable than the second season.  Season three is bookended by the pile of utter garbage that is Isaac & Ishmael and the ridiculous Simon Donovan thing, but I do love pretty much all that falls in between.  Season four has the Toby/Andi/pregnancy storyline that I can't stand, and is just all around less memorable than the previous three seasons but still wonderful.

So my ranking goes: two, one, three, four

I can't include the other seasons; five I haven't seen in so long I don't remember much about it, and I'm the same way with season six (and it was somewhere during that season that I stopped watching the show, so I've never seen it in its entirety), and season seven I've never seen.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Bastet said:

n in so long I don't remember much about it, and I'm the same way with season six (and it was somewhere during that season that I stopped watching the show, so I've never seen it in its entirety), and season seven I've never seen.

if you like political campaigning, then I would definitely suggest you dip your toe midway through S6 ("A Change Is Gonna Come") and stay with it till the end of S7 and closure! Yes, there's some silly stories going on back at the White House, which are rather tiresome; but the Democratic Presidential nomination campaigns make up for all that,especially with the arrival of Alan Alda's statesman-like Republican, Arnold Vinick! 

Nah, as I've said before, Moonlighting cured me of the need to stay with a show to the end; it doesn't matter how much I liked it before, it matters how much I like it now, and once entertainment has stopped entertaining me, I stop watching.  Somewhere in season six, that's what happened.

• Love 1

Fair enough I suppose. 

And to be honest, I stopped watching Game of Thrones midway through S5. Bored me senseless; so I guess I share your angst/antipathy. :)

Season 2 got my vote, but to be fair, I haven't finished rewatching Seasons 5-7 yet, so I may pick up more as I rewatch them. 

I also voted for Season 2. The best arc of the series starts with The Stackhouse Filibuster and ends with Bartlet talking to GhostofMrsLandingham near the end of Two Cathedrals. Toby's rant in 17 People is the best monologue of the series.  

I still consider Bartlet For America to be the best single episode. The ending to Posse Comitatus is the signature moment of the show. 

Just noticed this old poll I posted a few months back.

Season 2 is the clear winner, and justifiably so. It was perhaps the most complete season of all (even though it never mentions what happened to Mandy!)

Am surprised a couple of people voted for 6 and 7. They were pretty decent seasons, but for me pale Seasons 2 and 3.